Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri, or on my motorcycle, bicycle or in my kayak somewhere...
    Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark RX-250
    Insulation
    Clark Z-Liner
    Suspension
    Clark ropes/straps
    Thanks for all the replies and the helpful imput!!

I've finally decided on the NX250...

I called Clark today to get some additional information and they were very helpful in answering my 50+ questions... The sales rep/tech guy was patient and we went through comparing the NX200, the NX250 & the smaller NA & NX150... we also discussed the info on their website making comparisons and also some of the "negative" concerns I read on the forums when reviewing the North American model... so far all of my questions have been answered.

He said I should have plenty of elbow room in the RX250...

Two new design features also helped me decide,... the tarp for the NX250 is a catenary cut & is somewhat larger (approx 125"L x 110"W); & the Weathershield is attached to the bugnetting so that you can enter/exit with one zipper... the Weathershield now zips on/off of the netting panel... with these changes & the new tent pole dome effect, and all of the other features standard with the North American or NX200... I believe I should have plenty to work with...

I'm looking forward to getting it...
    Last edited by Kankujoe; 08-03-2009 at 20:20.

Hammock
    Wraith UL, XLC ,Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    WB BMJ & Edge
    Insulation
    Burrow,TeWa,GoLite
    Suspension
    Whoopie, Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kankujoe View Post
    Thanks... your take on the sizing & comfort level will be appreciated... especially if it feels narrow or confining (as stated in Cannibal's review)...

I won't go into detail as Cannibal has already done that I will say I LOVE THIS HAMMOCK. I'm 5'11 220# and I have plenty of room, VERY CONFORTABLE. My wife however prefers my BB. If I had one criticism, I feel a LITTLE like I'm in a bath tub but I may just need to play with the hang a little more. The quality is OUTSTANDING. The zippers glide really well, no snags. When Clark comes out with the UQ, and with my OES custom tarp I think this is a really nice winter set up. I own a BB and the quality rivals Brandons, both are superb hammocks. I need to figure out how to rig the bugnet so I have the fewest attachments I can. Thats part of the fun, heh? As much as I like this hammock I'm not sure I would pay the retail price, I picked mine up used. The BB is an awefully nice hammock for a lot less, but first impressions are, I like the Clark a LITTLE better but not much. The BB FEELS a little bigger although it's not. I LOVE being able to completely remove the netting on the Clark.I like the double Layer on the BB, I will likely never use the pockets on the Clark except for when their UQ comes out.

If you can get a Clark at a resonable price DO IT. It looks WAY COOL with the weather shield deployed. ( I used the word deployed )
    I hope I'm set for a while

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12