Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri, or on my motorcycle, bicycle or in my kayak somewhere...
    Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark RX-250
    Insulation
    Clark Z-Liner
    Suspension
    Clark ropes/straps

Clark NA/NX200 or Clark NX150/250?

The more I read the less I know which model Clark to get...

I thought that I had finally decided on the Standard North American... that is until I read Cannibal's review about it being narrow & confining... then I started to lean towards the NX200 because its bigger... then reading about the NX150 & NX250 (and all those who are selling their NAs to buy NX250s)...

Not sure what to do??

According to the Clark website I should fit nicely in the NA (I'm 5'8" & just shy of 200lbs - "stocky build")... My concern is that I don't want to feel like I'm sleeping in a straight-jacket... I'm not claustrophobic, I just want to be comfortable...

From what I've read the NX150 or 250 are wider... but I can't see how 2 little tent poles can keep a hammock base wider unless it is equipped with some sort of bridge... Or do the poles just give the appearance of being wider?

I don't care too much whether the canopy/bugnetting is "domed" or "A-framed." Now if the hammock base lays wider then I think the NX150/250 would be an advantage... given the comments about the NA being a little confining...

Has anyone done a true comparison? Is the NX150/250 base cut/configured differently than the standard NA or NX200? Or is it only the canopy that is different?

The price jump also seems a little steep for a few tent poles & different stitching...
    Last edited by Kankujoe; 08-02-2009 at 05:40.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark RX-250
    Insulation
    Clark Z-Liner
    Suspension
    Clark ropes/straps
    For those of you who are selling your NA or NX200 to buy a NX-250...

What are your reasons for doing so?

Hammock
    Wraith UL, XLC ,Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    WB BMJ & Edge
    Insulation
    Burrow,TeWa,GoLite
    Suspension
    Whoopie, Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kankujoe View Post
    For those of you who are selling your NA or NX200 to buy a NX-250...

What are your reasons for doing so?
    I just bought a NX200, I'll let you know my thoughts after it arrives. I'm 5'11 and 220#, wear a size 48 coat.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark RX-250
    Insulation
    Clark Z-Liner
    Suspension
    Clark ropes/straps
    Quote Originally Posted by texron View Post
    I just bought a NX200, I'll let you know my thoughts after it arrives. I'm 5'11 and 220#, wear a size 48 coat.
    Thanks... your take on the sizing & comfort level will be appreciated... especially if it feels narrow or confining (as stated in Cannibal's review)...
    Last edited by Kankujoe; 08-02-2009 at 21:02.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ's
    Images
    http://www.junglehammock.com/models/nx250/index.php Click on the compare button

The 200 is 6" wider and 12" longer than the NA.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark RX-250
    Insulation
    Clark Z-Liner
    Suspension
    Clark ropes/straps
    Quote Originally Posted by hangnout View Post
    http://www.junglehammock.com/models/nx250/index.php Click on the compare button

The 200 is 6" wider and 12" longer than the NA.
    Yes,... I've read that but... since the Clark hammock conforms to your body by laying somewhat straight vs. diagonal as in an asym type hammock,... does the additional width just cause you to lay "deeper" in the hammock?

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ's
    Images
    You will be able to lay more asym although not as much as an HH or BB. The 200 series will be more comfortable with the extra room. I have the Clark UL (5'10" 200lbs) and I feel that I am at the max for it. It is the same size as the NA.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark RX-250
    Insulation
    Clark Z-Liner
    Suspension
    Clark ropes/straps
    Quote Originally Posted by hangnout View Post
    You will be able to lay more asym although not as much as an HH or BB. The 200 series will be more comfortable with the extra room. I have the Clark UL (5'10" 200lbs) and I feel that I am at the max for it. It is the same size as the NA.
    Okay... thank you, that info is helpful...

Do you feel confined or uncomfortable in your UL? Are you happy with your UL or would you prefer to have more width & length?

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    The Edge
    Insulation
    Incubator UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie, biner
    Images
    The more I read the less I know which model Clark to get...

I thought that I had finally decided on the Standard North American... that is until I read Cannibal's review about it being narrow & confining... then I started to lean towards the NX200 because its bigger... then reading about the NX150 & NX250 (and all those who are selling their NAs to buy NX250s)...

Not sure what to do??

According to the Clark website I should fit nicely in the NA (I'm 5'8" & just shy of 200lbs - "stocky build")... My concern is that I don't want to feel like I'm sleeping in a straight-jacket... I'm not claustrophobic, I just want to be comfortable...

From what I've read the NX150 or 250 are wider... but I can't see how 2 little tent poles can keep a hammock base wider unless it is equipped with some sort of bridge... Or do the poles just give the appearance of being wider?

I don't care too much whether the canopy/bugnetting is "domed" or "A-framed." Now if the hammock base lays wider then I think the NX150/250 would be an advantage... given the comments about the NA being a little confining...

Has anyone done a true comparison? Is the NX150/250 base cut/configured differently than the standard NA or NX200? Or is it only the canopy that is different?

The price jump also seems a little steep for a few tent poles & different stitching...
    I'm 5'9 155 lbs and I feel a little snug (i have to admit especially after sleeping in a BB), my shoulders are a bit broad too. I usually end up laying in fetal position which works fine for me.

Don't know from experience, but if you want wider I wouldnt go with the standard NA. Just my 2 cents. Good choice on the Clark though, I love mine

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    OES 12 x 15
    Insulation
    Snugfit
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling

I just got an NX250 a few weeks ago, and shortly afterward had to pick up an Eno Doublenest as a "decoy" hammock to keep my 9-year old out of it. Not that he is particularly destructive as boys go, but I would rather turn him loose on something a little lower-buck.

These are the only two hammocks I have experienced, and the Doublenest is "wider" than the NX250 if you use a tape measure. However, with the right tension, those poles (actually more like twigs) on the NX250 do a major job of widening things out. The NX250 has got more space itside it due to those poles. While the Doublenest folds in around the shoulders, the NX250 has "elbow room." It does not hold the hammock out like a spreaderbar, but shoves out the loose material enough that the hammock seems more like a hanging tent.

Also, setup on the NX250 is very simple. With the weathershield zipped up, you can get a perfect hang every time by eyeballing the amount of tension on the weathershield. After setting it up a couple times it will be very obvious what the right tension is.

That being said, I like that Doublenest too and with an underquilt and bug net it would be plenty comfortable.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast