Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Elk tag for an out of stater is $450.
    Ok, I can hunt in NC and hang in Idaho...
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Schedule changeThis is now a "STEALTH HANG AND HUNT" $450 what is that Idaho's idea of economic stimulus. geez. Time to order the camo tarp. And I need a silencer for my 50 cal
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    I may be in for the camping/hanging part. It's next year (which is a long way away,) and I gave up hunting, but I always enjoyed deer camp. I'd love to hang in Idaho. I'll keep this in my calendar, JIC.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Yay, Sorry guys, may just be cheaper for you to move here for a couple months so you can qualify for a local tag Tourist hunting is big here so the state dose try to capitalize on it a bit. Buy a huge margin tourism is the bigest economic venue the state has. But hey we can still have a feast, I will bake the best potatos you have ever had. !hey no spud jokes! Shug likes his Onions I like my taters! I like onins to, they are good on taters and steaks.

Right now I am thinking early October would be best, 1 its the best bet for a bit better temps, 2 my daughter is due earlie this November and my wife tends to be a week or so earliy of due dates so late October is a possibility and if I miss the fist Bday I had better just not come home at all but other than that it sounds like we might have a decent group here. If hunting slips out of the picture a bit due to cost we could turn it into a bit of a backpacking trip, the Sawtooths would be nearly deserted by October and we would have the hole range to ourselves, not much hunting throughout most of the range anytime.

Paul

Hammock
    WARBONNET BLACKBIRD
    Tarp
    wallyworld blue
    Insulation
    YETI
    Suspension
    straps and rings
    Images
    I'm still open for hunting. I plan on spending at least a week of actual hunting, so we could have the hang on either weekend. Help me get used to the altitude
    I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane. - Waylon Jennings

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Cool That sounds like a good plan. I have a freind that I am trying to get into hanging that says he wants to hunt so we could still get a hunt group orginized for those that want to hang around for that and a long weekend HF group hang/?hike? My philosophy has always been better to be in the woods than not, so what ever this actualy turns into, as long as we could get out and have a good time, I will have a smile on my face.

Paul

Hammock
    WARBONNET BLACKBIRD
    Tarp
    wallyworld blue
    Insulation
    YETI
    Suspension
    straps and rings
    Images
    sounds like a plan

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings

possible spot for Hunt

Hey guys I was flipping through the latest Backpacker mag in Wallymart a few days ago while waiting for the wife to find something And I came across this trail wright up.

http://bp2.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewT...?tripId=442093

Could be a good area to check out. I have been close to there but not to the actual trail it self - within a few miles of there. It is a nice area and we would go through the Sawtooths to get to it so we could do a night of hanging and maybe a good day hike in that area, then continue on up further into the wilderness area that the article talks about. And don't wory to much about the wolf's, they taste like chicken. But really the sound of hanging near the hot springs might be a good bonus.

Any thoughts?

Paul

Hammock
    WARBONNET BLACKBIRD
    Tarp
    wallyworld blue
    Insulation
    YETI
    Suspension
    straps and rings
    Images
    paul it's funny, that's the area I was looking at going hunting in when I was planning my trip earlier. the hot springs could be a great area to have the hangout/feast for the weekend gathering. I find it funny how the author says that you have to go in 9 miles before suitable campsites are available. must be a ground dweller

Hammock
    WARBONNET BLACKBIRD
    Tarp
    wallyworld blue
    Insulation
    YETI
    Suspension
    straps and rings
    Images
    if anyone is worried about the grey wolves, I believe cannibal said he wouldbe interested in going (I can't remember which thread but I believe he posted that he was a direct decendant of the 2 families that donner summit was named for)

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast