Sheltowee Boone 20*
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG TQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    The biggest problem I have about sleeping in a hammock is that I don't want to get up in the morning. So **** comfortable and cozy
    I'd rather be hanging.

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Insulation
    Military Spread
    Suspension
    Whoopie's/Straps
    I started full time about 3 months ago and haven't looked back. However I didn't do it intentionally, I hung my DN in the living room just to test it out and was amazed at how much better I felt in the morning. No soreness or waking up feeling tired. Though now I'm looking for a more permanent option for the house as well, no need to go lightweight there, plus you have the laundering issue to deal with. And I have also been looking for more permanent underquilt solutions.

Hammock
    WB, JRB, WL
    Tarp
    bigger is better;)
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, UGQ, WL
    Suspension
    If it aint Dutch..
    Images
    December 2012 I Traded My Bed for a RidgeRunner.
    2013 I bought a Brazillian 14' on Cannibal's suggestion - best gathered end ever (indoors)!
    http://www.myhammock.com/proddetail.asp?prod=H-BA-BNOVA

Now, Seven seasons of indoor hammock sleeping later, not even considering going back to the bed.
    Still change from one hammock to another every few months - for indoor sleeping.....
    BosaNova, RidgeRunner, Snipe, JRB Bridge... Rinse repeat...
    - Loki my videos
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
    Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
    The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy,
    while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn." — John Muir

Hammock
    Hennesy Explorer Deluxe Zip
    Tarp
    HH Hex - for xmas
    Quote Originally Posted by ntxkayakr View Post
    I will try to contact my family doctor from Northern Brazil who lived next door to me when I was a child. He may know of some studies about this since millions of people there sleep in hammocks. I will try to PM you if this thread dies. But the only issue I can thick of is if your shoulders are very broad but there are several easy fixes for that. My doctor was an advocate of bare feet so I will request research not just his opinion which will be biased strongly in favor of hammocks and against beds.
    Wow. That would be awsome. Thanks. I love this site

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Jarbidge, EE Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks
    My sons and I have set up our hammocks on our back porch. It was originally just to test out setups, but we liked it so much that they stay up most of the time. I would sleep in it every night if my wife wouldn't kill me. As it is, I generally end up out there on non-camping weekends with one or both of my boys. I find I sleep better and get up earlier (probably due to the sun, as much as anything).

2014-05-26 15.51.12.jpg

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    It would basically come down to each individual case of general health to start with.. I have clocked in well over a thousand nights in mine, some folks on here have much, much more than that... Many have gone to hammocks because of back problems, and received much benefit from doing so..
    My case was back and sleep apnea.. I can now sleep in a bed comfortably but would always prefer the hammock..
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Hammock
    Hennesy Explorer Deluxe Zip
    Tarp
    HH Hex - for xmas
    I have my hammock set up in the garage and slept in it last night because my back has started giving me some grief the last couple days. Woke up this morning pain free but the agrivating pain is back so I am going to give it a go for the next week and see what happens. I slept a full 8 hours before hving to get up for a bathroom break. Thats unusual for me, which is great. Here is my new bedroom.

Hammock
    Brazilian
    I'm a full timer, and have no intention of being any other way. I've stated here before that I originally tried a hammock because of back problems. My back aches all day every day, and would ache all night too if I slept in a bed. The proof of that came earlier this year when I spent 6 weeks in a hospital (heart problem, not hammock related). They actually had to give me pain pills to relieve the back pain so I could sleep at night. Every doctor and nurse that I told about sleeping in a hammock at home fully approved. It's the only relief I get, and it is sooo comfortable. It will be interesting to see what that Brazilian doctor has to say.

Hammock
    Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp
    I'm with hambone. I just discovered that the reason I have had neck/shoulder/arm pain on my right side is because I like sleeping on my right side and my arms gravitate to what one site calls the starfish position, which is also why my arms/hands go numb.

Best recommended sleeping position tends to be on your back with your arms down. I am trying to do this but the arms want to go up up. I have arthritis. I have 4" memory foam topper and use a special shaped knee pillow to keep the spine straight. It is much easier to sleep on my back in a hammock, but a struggle to stop the arms from wanting to up. The legs alternate sides with ballerina pose.

I've been climbing into the Brazillian on the deck when I invariably wake up at ab 5 a.m. Saving up for Boonedox USA's The Drifter folding stand to be able to use inside the house and in a screenroom at State Park campsites.

I keep posting this link hoping that someone will get one and post a review!
    http://www.boonedoxusa.com/product/boonedox-drifter/

Here's some info on sleeping positions and their effect.
    http://dailyhealthpost.com/8-sleepin...cts-on-health/

Hammock
    Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Varies with season
    Insulation
    UGQ Everything
    Suspension
    Webbing Suspension
    I went to hammocks full time, just because I could. I really enjoy them when hiking so when the opportunity came about to be able to use them full time I figured why not.

I will say the I sleep much better, and get a deeper/refreshing sleep then I do on a bed.

For insulation I use a UGQ 3/4 40f UQ and a UGQ 40f TQ. In the winter I switch it to a full length UGQ 20f UQ and UGQ 20f TQ. My room tends to be "cold" compared the living room, hence the quilt switch come about November.

If I have my way about things I will sleep in a hammock full time always.
    I miss my 4.8Lb base weight as a ground dweller...But I sure DON'T MISS the ground.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast