I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Hammock Talk with Stormcrow and Thorwren....

What a treat today!!!! I am currently performing at the Ohio State Fair ... day 5 of twelve. So today who comes to visit and speak hammock with me but Thorwren and Stormcrow. It made my day as I got to be "Shug" for the day. No one knows me as Shug at the fair ... I am Sean Emery there. I like being Shug. Shug has fun and talks backpacking, stoves, hiking and most of all ... hammocks.
    They are a wonderfully beautiful couple and though I had never met Thorwren in person it was like we were all friends forever. Very comfortable. Have had the extreme pleasure to backpack with that fast walking-slug chompin' Stormcrow. To hang out with them together was terrific.
    There really is some power to this forum to draw strangers together and be made to feel that you know them and even feel that they are kindered spirits ..... more like family. Wow.....
    They hung out at the fair backstage and we talked hammock ALL DAY. My performing friends all really liked them as well.
    But here is the deal .... STORMCROW MADE ME WHOOPIE SLINGS!!!!!!!! What a guy!!!!!! I am touched at the kindness.
    We went to dinner after I was done for the day in CarnyLand and the check war began
    Whoooooo Buddy .... what a fine day.

We are really fortunate to have this hammock sport/art/passion/ to bond us as people. A shared interest goes a long way to unify folks. The world should be this way but we are lucky to find wee moments of it throughout our day.
    Thanks Thorwren and Stormcrow ..... you made Shug and Sean's day.
    All secure and joyful and Whoopie Slingy in Sector Seven.
    Shug

Stormcrow ... on recon .... set a listening post!
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Cool!!!
    They are a neat couple, aren't they! It's a pleasure to hear about fellow hammockers getting together like that Shug!
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    my 11' ers
    Tarp
    many of my tarps
    Insulation
    yeti, Incubators
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie
    Images
    Shug, Sounds like a awesome time,,, In Arkansas we have an event called 'RiverFest'. Lots of concerts and events. If you ever perform in this let us know on here. I'll come see ya, and I'm sure many others will too...

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    shug, shug, shug We could start the shug groupie caravan, the grateful dead did it for years.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Very cool.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WBBB,Claytor JH
    Tarp
    Claytor D, WB Hex
    Insulation
    Ptarm/Incub/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I'm in Ohio, where do we find you? Love your videos... First thing I said when I saw the first one, "He's like Jonathon Winters!) whom I love...
    "Take me away to a quiet place where beings melt into inner space. Every step brings me closer to see, my haven away beneath the trees." From Beneath the Trees by Everett Dort

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmanob View Post
    I'm in Ohio, where do we find you? Love your videos... First thing I said when I saw the first one, "He's like Jonathon Winters!) whom I love...
    Jonathon Winters camped and had red hair??
    Shug, happy you could hook-up with Mr & Mrs Happy Hanger...I'm gonna drive over to OH in a couple weeks to get some hanging/hiking with both of them also.
    I too would love to see your act some day. Wonder how it compares to your hiking persona?
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

What a fun day!

We had so much fun yesterday! We got to the fair on our way home from a wedding and showed up at @12:10. We had JUST missed his act! He was one sweaty beast at that point! LOL. This was the first time I met Sean Emery. He is very similar to Shug but there are a few differences. Both of them are great guys though! It was also great to meet some of his performing friends. Just a great bunch of people.

Thorwren made one of the whoopie slings while I gave her the tutorial on the 1.5 hour long trip down to the fair. By the time she was done ( the first always takes the longest) She was ready to make another one because it was that much fun.

We went out to eat at a place called Max and Erma's. I then proceeded to spilled TWO (2) drinks in his lap, kind of like a domino thing. Shug, I promise, I am not usually a clumsy person. LOL. Then, both Shug and I had separately contacted the manager in secret so that we could pay for everyone's dinner...too funny (I won by the way). So we ate and talked until they had to kick us out at 10:30pm or something like that. After we left the building we kept talking in the parking lot for another half hour...LOL. Good times.

If any of you are in the central ohio area you can get on the Ohio State Fair website and look for his schedule. He will be there all this week. Do NOT miss his show. It was great! (Oh yeah, we caught his 6:00 show, and we were glad we stayed!)

On a crappier note...Thorwren got a hold of some bad food at the fair and has been paying for it since BEFORE we got home last night.. She is still in bed as I am typing this. I am sure she will be fine in a day or so.

Stormcrow
    Last edited by stormcrow; 08-03-2009 at 22:19.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    On a crappier note...Thorwren got a hold of some bad food at the fair and has been paying for it since BEFORE we got home last night.. She is still in bed as I am typing this. I am sure she will be fine in a day or so.
    Sure hope she feels better. Fair food requires a certain amount of tolerance be built up over the years.
    Hope it wasn't the funnel cake!
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Sure hope she feels better. Fair food requires a certain amount of tolerance be built up over the years.
    Hope it wasn't the funnel cake!
    Thanks. Not sure what it was but I ate pretty much everything she ate and it did not bother me...but I have a cast iron stomach. I think it was the lamb BBQ.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast