Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Quote Originally Posted by nuttysquirrel View Post
    I believe dream hammock and hammeck are the only vendors offering both these fabrics so your choices are a little limited.
    Since we are in the Dream Hammock sub-forum, it's not really the appropriate place to discuss other choices. Besides, the HF terms of service prohibits me from discussing other vendors.
    Last edited by PapaSmurf; 09-11-2014 at 09:48.

Hammock
    DHTBird,WBBB.draumrxl
    Tarp
    Camo Tadpole
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopie *snicker*
    I have the Argon...and without extensive testing as of yet, there are no complaints about the fabric. Since I have not touched the hyper D....I can only say I am impressed with the Argon. And dream hammock, of course. Not sure I think it feels like t-shirt...seems much smoother than that to me.
    If it moves, you can eat it. No promises you will think it tastes good.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnestoT View Post
    I just got my HyperD hammock from DreamHammock and I can say this fabric feels amazing.
    What hammock combo did you get?,any pics?

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    There difference in the way ARGON 67/90 feels and the way ARGON 1.6 feels. The quilt version has a smooth silky feel and the hammock material has a cottony and not slick feel to it.
    I am sitting here fondling my stash of Argon. The Argon 1.6 is brown, the brown is very different than the Argon 67 brown. The Argon 1.6 is a lighter, brown, I think it looks like the light color of powdered chocolate drink mix. My Argon 67 is a nice rich dark brown, I choose to call it Cinnamon Brown, a very different shade of brown than the 1.6, they work well together but they are not even close to the same shade to my eyes. I like the feel of all the Argon, I was just a bit surprised by the 1.6 when I had a few yards to pet.

Interesting discussion, I think the Argon is going to feel clean and fresh, like freshly cleaned bed linens. I have some pain issues and I like soft things next to my skin, now with the Argon, I think I am going to be very happy. I might try doing a double layer with the Hyper D, the choice of colors is very tempting. I wish I could try everything!

Hammock
    Lots
    Tarp
    Winter style :)
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    buckle
    curious if the DWR on the hyperD would at all feel less breathable ? dual or single layer

reason I ask is read some other thread somewhere someone thought DWR treated fabrics can feel a bit more sweaty/clammy in warmer climates ? any thoughts on that between the two materials

Hammock
    DH RoamingGnome (HyperD)
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    What hammock combo did you get?,any pics?
    I went with an 11ft RoamingGnome in Spectra Yellow with extra zippers on the left side. It makes adjusting a quilt a whole lot easier when laying in the hammock. I'm absolutely loving the feel of this fabric. When I ordered the hammock I was a little worried about the width but I have tons of room thanks to the hammock being 11ft. The width is not even remotely close to being a problem.

IMG_3359.jpg

IMG_3360.jpg

IMG_3362.jpg

IMG_3363.jpg

Hammock
    Double-Layer 11'
    Tarp
    Realtree w/ doors
    Insulation
    TQ - UGQ, UQ - DIY
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    I went with an 11ft RoamingGnome in Spectra Yellow with extra zippers on the left side. It makes adjusting a quilt a whole lot easier when laying in the hammock. I'm absolutely loving the feel of this fabric. When I ordered the hammock I was a little worried about the width but I have tons of room thanks to the hammock being 11ft. The width is not even remotely close to being a problem.

IMG_3359.jpg

IMG_3360.jpg

IMG_3362.jpg

IMG_3363.jpg
    Thanks for posting pics of your setup Ernesto. Glad you're enjoying your Roaming Gnome and the hyperD!
    - Kyle

www.RipstopbytheRoll.com | "The Best Fabrics on Earth. Guaranteed."

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images

IMG_3359.jpg

IMG_3360.jpg

IMG_3362.jpg

IMG_3363.jpg

Nice, i have the Freebird, spectra yellow Hyper D and i know just what you mean about the feel of the fabric, this new Hyper D from Ripstopbytheroll is amazing,.
    It's really hard to believe a fabric this soft can be as durable and strong as this fabric is.
    Thinking about maybe having my Thunderbird made out of it , but Dream hammocks has so many options it's really hard to decide,.
    Enjoy your Gnome!!!

Hammock
    WB RR
    Tarp
    12' Winter Shelter
    Insulation
    Quilts
    What about the sounds of these fabrics? They are being compared to cotton and silk for feel, but are they quiet like cotton and silk when they are rubbed together? Natural fibers tend to be very quiet compared with nylon, polyester, etc. Moving around in a nylon topquilt within a nylon hammock is very noisy compared to cotton.
    We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. - Ben Franklin
    (known as a win-win on this forum)

Hammock
    DH RoamingGnome (HyperD)
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Alamosa View Post
    What about the sounds of these fabrics? They are being compared to cotton and silk for feel, but are they quiet like cotton and silk when they are rubbed together? Natural fibers tend to be very quiet compared with nylon, polyester, etc. Moving around in a nylon topquilt within a nylon hammock is very noisy compared to cotton.
    I haven't used a top quilt with it just yet but I did have an underquilt on. It didn't make any noise and I don't imagine a top quilt would make much noise either.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast