Hammock
    DIY Nuttin Special
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

MacCat Deluxe has arrived!

Have been looking for a tarp to replace the stock asym that came with my Hennessy. It just won't provide the coverage i'm looking for with my new DIY hammock. What i also didn't realize - duh - was that with the Hennessy and its tarp, i have to lie oriented in one direction, that is, with my left shoulder to the outside of the hammock and my right to the inside. I know this sounds silly, but i like lying the other way or at least having the option of lying in either direction. Wasn't paying close enough attention when i bought the Hennessy. Anyway, i digress.

I really liked the look of the MacCat and figured the Deluxe was the tarp for me. I looked at several of the other offerings but kept coming back to the MacCat. (By the way, is that supposed to be MAC-cat or mac-CAT? I hear it in my head the latter way, but i'm thinking that's not right. Dang, another digression!) Sorry.

I've emailed Brian a few times over the last few weeks, making sure i asked the right questions this time. He always responded quickly and courteously and really went out of his way a bit to help meet my needs. I placed the order on Friday (9/05). Got an email shipping notice later that evening, and today (Monday, 9/08) this arrived.

f877a07d05295230302b08589f069179_zps9f5e735b.jpg

And inside

11c95153812cbb18813066424dcdc643_zpsd1e95f50.jpg

my Deluxe and 100' of no tangle guy line.

I don't think i'll have a chance to hang it up before it gets dark tonight but maybe tomorrow i can and will post some more pics. I have no previous history with Brian or OES, but i am very pleased with my purchase and with the service i have received.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    The MacCat D is my go to tarp. A great piece of kit. You'll love it.
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    +1 on the Deluxe. It'll never let you down. Congratulations!

Hammock
    DIY Nuttin Special
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Ok. Didn't get home until late, so I'll string it up tomorrow. Here's the thing - i put it on the scale. 15.2 ounces without stuff sack. Website says 13.1 with seams sealed. Nearly 15% difference. Is that considered a normal variance?

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    I think mine was closer to 13oz. i have mine with a ridgeline kit and snake skins, guy lines now and the whole thing in the stuff sac is 17oz. Maybe the material was slightly heavier this roll or ????. Great tarp , don't worry.,
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    It is possible for there to some variations in the final weight as fabric lots could vary slightly roll to roll and other materials used to manufacture the gear. I also weigh everything I get in ( Hammocks, tarps, hardware gear ) . Sometimes the item weighs less, sometimes right on and sometimes more but always close. Could also be that the scale is slightly off although my scale can measure 1/10 of an ounce and or gram.

A couple of years ago I was on a night hike on my local hiking trail and when I got to the area I planned to camp at, I found a Boy Scout Troop already there. Set up my hammock and started talking to one of the scout masters who took me to his hammock set up. He showed me his tarp and after looking at it with my flashlight I told him I thought he had a MacCat Tarp. He told me it was and he had bought it used and showed me the tag. Really surprised him when I told him that it was the first one I had ever seen.

Glad he return your email. He has never answered any I sent.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PadreGA View Post
    Ok. Didn't get home until late, so I'll string it up tomorrow. Here's the thing - i put it on the scale. 15.2 ounces without stuff sack. Website says 13.1 with seams sealed. Nearly 15% difference. Is that considered a normal variance?
    You should check the measurements. Maybe the design changed. Vendors (HG, WB) have changed designs/specs without notice before.

EDIT: Was in the camping room and weighed mine. 13.40 oz with no lines attached stuffed in a small nylon stuffsack.
    Last edited by OutandBack; 09-20-2014 at 11:16.

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I've had mine for years. You will love it. Simple to set up, pretty light for a sil tarp, durable as can be. Great three season tarp for the northern parts. I would think you could do all seasons down in GA. I've actually closed off one end before in bad weather and was fine. A little tight, but warm and dry. I personally like the look of Brian's tarps. The ends by the tie-outs are cool. Enjoy!

Hammock
    DH TB & Dutch NylonD
    Tarp
    OES4S&Dlx, HG Cub
    Insulation
    UGQ T/UQ - HG PHNX
    Suspension
    Cinch

MacCat Tarps

Here are two OES tarps side by side. There is a MacCat Deluxe and 4 Season, with Thuderbirds underneath. Great trip on the Fiery Gizzard. The tarps are simply amazing, certain that you will enjoy them for years to come!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    DIY Nuttin Special
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Inch and a half of rain in less than two hours today. Bone dry underneath. Sweet.

• + New Posts