Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    Hey that was fun, let's do it again!

It was nice meeting a lot of you, not that meeting some of you wasn't nice it's just that there were so many people I didn't get to meet everyone. I got a lot of new ideas and learned some handy skills.

I've already started rebuilding my entire set up...new suspension, differant hammock shape, new fabric!! Time to place some orders.

Thanks and looking forward to another.

Hammock
    Speer
    Tarp
    Speer WinterTarp
    Insulation
    Speer PeaPod
    Images
    Karen & I would like to thank everyone who made the HS Hang such a great success! We had 30-40 hammocks both Friday & Saturday Nites. There were so many folks we couldn't even get an accurate headcount!

In spite of the rain, everyone seemed to have a good time. Shadowmoss gets the qupie doll for the longest travel distance---all the way across the entire country! Now that's a real hammock hnger!

We collected about $150 from the auction--thanks for everyone who donated items &/or bid on items. The proceeds will go to HF....all for a good cause.

The Sat morning community breakfast was a real highlight of the weekend. Many folks piched in with food, cooking, & cleanup. There was even an extra coleman stove to make up for the one I left at home.

Thanks Nancy for the extra Easy-up canopy---it was a great help with the rain.

Everyone left with promisses to 'do it again' & some even expressed an interest in the New Year's Eve Hang atop Springer Mtn, GA!

We hope everyone made it home safely & we'll see ya again on the next hang....Ed & Karen
    Ed Speer (NotToWorry)
    Co-Owner, Speer Hammocks, Inc
    Author, Hammock Camping book
    Moderator, Yahoo Hammock Camping List

Hammock
    DIY Hennessey - like
    Tarp
    DIY 10 x 12
    I made a stealth exit this am and didn't make proper tearful goodbye's. Had a great time meeting most of you, time was too short to meet and talk with everyone. Will see you again soon. Was a great learning time for a rookie. Hey I got my hammock packed this morning dry!

Still raining down here in GA. Supposed to clear up by Wed. We've been hammered (by rain).

Hammock
    Switchback/Treklite
    Tarp
    BWDD WinterDream
    Insulation
    IX 5-in-1/WM bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies/TL Stand

Tent stakes found --

We are some of the luckiest folks -- learning, laughing, with friends old and new, relaxing by the flowing stream and knowing, really knowing, that no matter what the weather, we will sleep comfortably in our hammocks. Heaven on earth, I do believe. Thanks to all who added to the merriment! You rock!

Somebody please claim the bag of tent stakes and misc. I found as I prowled the main campsite after it had emptied so we can arrange for a reunion.

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Dancer and I had a blast at this hang! Thanks to everyone there for making it so much fun, especially our hosts, Ed and Karen!! As always, it was nice to see old friends and make new ones. It's always nice to see new hangers at these events, it's a great place to see everyone's setups and learn something at the same time. Hope to see y'all again soon!
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlelady View Post
    We are some of the luckiest folks -- learning, laughing, with friends old and new, relaxing by the flowing stream and knowing, really knowing, that no matter what the weather, we will sleep comfortably in our hammocks. Heaven on earth, I do believe. Thanks to all who added to the merriment! You rock!

Somebody please claim the bag of tent stakes and misc. I found as I prowled the main campsite after it had emptied so we can arrange for a reunion.

Can someone get ahold of Marta and ask if they are hers? The tent they slept in last night was new, and their first time in it. That means they don't have a system down for that tent, and could easily leave a stake bag laying around. I figure of anyone who was at the hangout, she is the least likely to see this thread and know someone found them. I believe she will be going straight out to the biking trip or something, and be out of hte loop for a while.
    "Oh, like an Afghan Warlord"

Hammock
    BIAS Camper
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/HH Incubat
    Suspension
    UCRs
    Images
    Home with wet tarps drying and a long nap and dinner behind us. It was a great weekend for Sleeps With Skunks and me.

Ed, thanks so much for setting everything up!

Hammock
    Switchback/Treklite
    Tarp
    BWDD WinterDream
    Insulation
    IX 5-in-1/WM bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies/TL Stand

Smile

Nest-- I really doubt these stakes and misc. gear are Marta's. They were not near where Marta's tent was pitched. You are one thoughtful dude, though. When I am captain, I will choose you for my team -- Oh, you were on my team this weekend. Cool.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    [mod] Superfly
    Insulation
    Thermarest&fleece
    Images
    I think there is a chance that they might be my dad's.
    He mentioned not remembering if he packed them.

We havent looked through our stuff as of yet,
    but could you post a description of the stakes?

Had a blast you guys.
    Looking forward to next hang.
    ...Says Pawfoot, thats who!! [ Cuz thats how I roll ]
    and Coffins ARE used for transportation...

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ TQ
    Suspension
    webbing
    did anyone happen to find 2 groundhog stakes with figure 9s attached to them they weren't in a bag or anything but i came with 8 and can only find 6 in my stuff thanks

• + New Posts
  • Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast