Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hello - first post here. I've just ordered a NX-250 to replace my HH Explorer. I love the Explorer, but hate the underside entry, it really gets on my nerves, and I find it impossible to get a pair of shorts or trousers on whilst I'm in there, so I suspect it scares the natives when a semi-naked bloke squeezes out of a hole in the coocoon.

Can't wait for the Clark, going to have to wait a little while because I'm in the UK...

Tobes

Joining the crowd here. Just ordered mine yesterday. Hope to have it within two weeks.

Have a short trip [canoe] the first part of Sept. and want to work on setting it up a few times before that.

This will be my first, and hopefully last, hammock. I have read most every post on every site I could find. Been at it for a couple of months.

The BIG deciding factor was the side entry. The HH Expidition looked real good til it came time to accept the fact that "if it were nessary" setting it up as a tent rather than a hammock would not work. Sometimes along the rivers there are no trees to use so the tent option was a necessity.

Will drop a review after it arrives and gets some use.

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Bald Cypress View Post
    Joining the crowd here. Just ordered mine yesterday. Hope to have it within two weeks.

Have a short trip [canoe] the first part of Sept. and want to work on setting it up a few times before that.

This will be my first, and hopefully last, hammock. I have read most every post on every site I could find. Been at it for a couple of months.

The BIG deciding factor was the side entry. The HH Expidition looked real good til it came time to accept the fact that "if it were nessary" setting it up as a tent rather than a hammock would not work. Sometimes along the rivers there are no trees to use so the tent option was a necessity.

Will drop a review after it arrives and gets some use.
    before your trip, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PACTICE !!! Plus try setting it up on the ground. I finally tried that with mine and yep, it's do-able. It's not comfortable though, but you'll live. To set up mine, I used my trekking poles on each end. If you don't use trekking poles, you need to give some thought as to how you're gonna raise the ends up.

I got a kick out of your claim of this being the "last hammock you buy" Let us know how that goes for you

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    TBD
    Insulation
    Rab Quantum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Can't wait to hear more about this. The NX150/250 was my second choice for a hammock. The tent pole system looks nifty.

LOL @ the notion of "last hammock I buy"! I Just got my Clark yesterday and I'm already browsing Blackbirds and Hennessys! I wouldn't want to be missing out on anything! Variety is the spice and all that after all, right?

Missouri, or on my motorcycle, bicycle or in my kayak somewhere...
    Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark RX-250
    Insulation
    Clark Z-Liner
    Suspension
    Clark ropes/straps
    So far I've had three nights in my new NX250 hammock. Two of these nights it rained pretty hard and continuous. I stayed dry & comfortable. The 1st night I used a milsurp CCF pad. On nights 2 & 3 I didn't use anything except a lite fleece blanket & camp pillow. I was pretty comfortable except for the ambient humidity. I'm looking forward to cooler temps.

I like my set up pretty well so far, been tweaking things a little, learning what works best for me. Installed an inside shock-cord ridgeline to hang some small gear & an overhead LED light. So far so good, I was able to read comfortably for several hours while lounging and listening to the critters at night.

I also really like the drip rings that came with it, a video on Clark's website shows how to use them & the polypro ropes as a tensioner to set & adjust the hammock suspension. These along with a couple climbing biners & tree hugger straps makes the setup a breeze. Much more easy than trying to adjust the hang with a bowline knot. I'm using nitesize figure 9s on all of my guidelines on the tarp. These make tension adjustments rather easy. I think I'll also begin using a corded ridgeline on the tarp (it has a seamed ridgeline). I believe this will protect it better from wind gusts, the material & stitching is quality but I think I'll feel more comfortable with a standard ridgeline.

Some other observations: The NX250 has a lot of room, I'm able to move around in it, lay diagonal, lay on my side, and back with relative ease & comfort. There is no significant shoulder squeeze, there is plenty of elbow room and it is long enough to lay relatively flat. The hammock base is long enough to put my pack inside with me, I just need to figure a way to secure it & keep it from sliding to the middle (I'm planning on some kind of web handle/biner or a cargo net to secure my pack?). I'm glad I went with the NX250 vs the NX150 or the NA. The overall construction & materials are top notch. I also like the pockets underneath, it is easy & convenient stowing & retrieving gear while inside the hammock. The new tarp (RX250) is plenty large (124"L x 98"W on the head end & 74"W on the foot end) and has a catenary cut configuration.

I picked up a new pad, Exped Multipad 39"x79"x.12"(3mm) EVA ccf foam covered with ripstop nylon. It is big & seems to stay put. I'm looking forward to using it when the temps are cooler. I suspect I'll purchase Clark's UQ when they become available. The bug net canopy works well, easy to open/close on either side. The Weathershield is also easy to adjust, zip & upzip or stow away.

So far, I'm pretty happy with my new set up. Can't wait for the cooler weather to get out and really break it in.
    Last edited by Kankujoe; 08-18-2009 at 03:34. Reason: spelling & grammar

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    TBD
    Insulation
    Rab Quantum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Sounds awesome! I also put an internal ridgeline in my Clark as I'll want to be able to hang an LED light for reading. And I too added the drip rings to the suspension. I was considering converting to a setup like RAW's with the structural ridgeline and the rings, but for now the drip ring setup looks like it works pretty well. I do really like that structural ridgeline idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Kankujoe View Post
    I suspect I'll purchase Clark's UQ when they become available.
    Clark is coming out with their own underquilt?

n0thing

Missouri, or on my motorcycle, bicycle or in my kayak somewhere...
    Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark RX-250
    Insulation
    Clark Z-Liner
    Suspension
    Clark ropes/straps
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_n0thing View Post
    Clark is coming out with their own underquilt?

n0thing
    When i talked to them on the phone they said it would be available in September & cost between $150-$190...

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    TBD
    Insulation
    Rab Quantum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    When i talked to them on the phone they said it would be available in September & cost between $150-$190...
    Cool. Thanks for the heads-up. I'm curious to see what the do design-wise...

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark RX-250
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 UQ
    Suspension
    AHE Strps & Whpies

Nx-250

I have been an NX-250 owner since May and couldn't be happier with it. I'm also finding the drip rings to be important... good for adjustments if you follow the info on Clark's website.

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    I am glad you did your homework and researched it I think you picked a fine product and a fine company to work with...

congrats...

After a few weeks of intense searching, reading & internal debate I finally made my decision and ordered Clark's new NX250! I feel a little relieved at the moment because this was beginning to be obsessive... I was beginning to go to bed & wake up thinking about this decision... Not to mention spending more time in the internet researching this than I spent on my normal responsibilities... Now I can get back to my regular life... That is,... until it shows up!!

And while the package deal is a little expensive first time out I believe I made an well investigated & semi-educated decision... We'll see...

Anyway, thanks for all the imput to those who chimed in and for the info posted here & the links... to endless hours of reading...

I'm looking forward to it...

KJ

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast