Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Missouri, or on my motorcycle, bicycle or in my kayak somewhere...
    Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark RX-250
    Insulation
    Clark Z-Liner
    Suspension
    Clark ropes/straps
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeYogiSays View Post
    I hauled off and ordered an NX 250, set it up between two trees in my yard within minutes of the UPS guy delivering it and promptly fell asleep. New experience to sleep in this type of hammock and its very nice and comfortable. As light as it is, I had a few minutes of trepidation when I was first laying in it which quickly gave way to zzzz's.

Anyway I was wondering how set to up the ridge line cord that people are talking about?

Very fun forum...giving me all kinds of crazy ideas like maybe throwing my hammock in the saddlebag of my motorcycle and just taking off up north. One thing there is a lot of besides lakes and mosquitos in northern Minnesota is trees.
    Congrats on your new hammock... I believe the more you use it the more you'll like it.

As far as the ridgeline... are you talking inside the netting or outside for the tarp?

If inside... there are tie out loops inside the netting under where the tent poles pass that you can attach to. I would suggest using elastic shock cord for this verses using a rigid cord so that you don't tear anything when you get in your hammock if the line is too tight. I've set mine up with shock cord & mini biners on the inside... I also attached shock cord outside on from the tent poles to the suspension ropes to give the inside ridgeline more support.
    KJ

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark RX200
    Insulation
    Snugfit underquilt
    Suspension
    Tree straps

I'm talking an inside ridge line for hanging miscellaneous stuff.

"I knew I was going to take the wrong train, so I left early." Yogi Berra

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    TBD
    Insulation
    Rab Quantum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Definitely worth the effort. I strung some 550 cord from loop to loop inside my NX200 and I use it for all sorts of stuff... A BD Orbit lantern, a little sling I made for my iPod, hanging my glasses when it's sleep time. Very useful. You could also make a pouch to hang from the ridgeline that can slide the length of your hammock.

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark RX200
    Insulation
    Snugfit underquilt
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    I took my NX250 on its maiden voyage, floating and flyfishing on the Kinnikinik river in Western Wisconsin. It was awesome to just have to look for two live trees rather than a flat camp site. Froze my butt off with a cheap 50 degree REI bag and no pad or underquilt until I put on a pair of fleece pants, fleece shirt and socks, put what little I had left in the pockets and zipped up the weathershield...then life was good and I slept like a baby. Usually I am up every 1/2 hour all night even with a thick pad when camping on the ground and usually can't wait to get up and end the sleeping ordeal. Boy was this a different experience and I wound up sleeping until 9:00 and usually I am up at 7:00 after rolling around for an hour or more waiting for light. Anyway, I am a convert to hammocks and I'm glad I got a Clark NX250.....Seems just right. I do have to rig up an internal ridge cord though.
    Last edited by LikeYogiSays; 09-07-2009 at 17:05.
    "I knew I was going to take the wrong train, so I left early." Yogi Berra

Missouri, or on my motorcycle, bicycle or in my kayak somewhere...
    Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark RX-250
    Insulation
    Clark Z-Liner
    Suspension
    Clark ropes/straps
    I took my NX250 on its maiden voyage, floating and flyfishing on the Kinnikinik river in Western Wisconsin. It was awesome to just have to look for two live trees rather than a flat camp site. Froze my butt off with a cheap 50 degree REI bag and no pad or underquilt until I put on a pair of fleece pants, fleece shirt and socks, put what little I had left in the pockets and zipped up the weathershield...then life was good and I slept like a baby. Usually I am up every 1/2 hour all night even with a thick pad when camping on the ground and usually can't wait to get up and end the sleeping ordeal. Boy was this a different experience and I wound up sleeping until 9:00 and usually I am up at 7:00 after rolling around for an hour or more waiting for light. Anyway, I am a convert to hammocks and I'm glad I got a Clark NX250.....Seems just right. I do have to rig up an internal ridge cord though.
    Good to hear about your first trip out in your Clark...

Like you learned from this outing... staying warm in a hammock is alittle different than sleepin on the ground...
    KJ

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Atta Boy!!!!!!!
    Glad you had a right goodie!
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234