Tarp
    To many
    Insulation
    Incubator 20 + oth
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Images

what to use on my thingies

I have an Incubator 20 & enjoy it much. Last winter I just threw it on did minor adjustments and went with that. Prepping for this weekend when temps drop, I noticed rings down the sides of it. I am assuming their to attach the quilt to the hammock. If so what do most people use. I know I can cobble something together that would work but would be best if I knew for sure what their for & what's best to use.

Hammock
    Lots
    Tarp
    Winter style :)
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    buckle
    quilt hooks maybe
    some options here and he has video of them etc..
    http://dutchwaregear.com/tarp-and-quilt-stuff/

will be curious to hear others with more experience though as I was just watching some videos today on the UGQ setups and noticed them and did some searching and seems this is what they are for to use with the clips ?

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    If you don't have a problem, don't bother. I've found the stock suspension to do just fine to temps as low as three degrees. Shock cord can lose elasticity in colder temps, but I haven't seen it (and definitely wouldn't see it in fall temps).

I believe the rings are there so you could tie some shock cord to it and run it over the ridgeline to further snug up the UQ, but I wouldn't bother unless you have a problem.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    If you don't have a problem, don't bother. I've found the stock suspension to do just fine to temps as low as three degrees. Shock cord can lose elasticity in colder temps, but I haven't seen it (and definitely wouldn't see it in fall temps).

I believe the rings are there so you could tie some shock cord to it and run it over the ridgeline to further snug up the UQ, but I wouldn't bother unless you have a problem.
    I agree totally with Silvrsurfr on this one, no need to get fancy if you really dont need to, most of us keep a few feet os spare shoch cord handy for the just in case things like this i think, i know i do!

Hammock
    To many
    Tarp
    To many
    Insulation
    Incubator 20 + oth
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Images
    I think y'all are right. I got it new about a year ago & had no problems past winter. I guess that's why I never noticed them. Thanks for all replys.

Hammock
    DH ThunderBird
    Tarp
    Superfly,Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG,INC/UGQ,FLTJ
    Suspension
    Speedos/Ankors
    Being that the incubator is "fitted" you shouldn't need to fiddle with the cord over RL mumbo jumbo. I had severe problems with "regular cut" quilts and gapping under the knees but the incubator fits like a glove and little to no fuss

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    When I got my first UQ, I had cold spots and all kind of problems. Then I had an experienced UQ user take a look at the suspension and adjust it. No more problems. I bought two more underquilts and had somebody else eyeball it and snug it up; again, no problems. I personally find it hard to adjust my UQ when I'm in it - always good to have an experienced eye.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Tarp
    Insulation
    Lynx Winter Full
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbiker View Post
    I have an Incubator 20 & enjoy it much. Last winter I just threw it on did minor adjustments and went with that. Prepping for this weekend when temps drop, I noticed rings down the sides of it. I am assuming their to attach the quilt to the hammock. If so what do most people use. I know I can cobble something together that would work but would be best if I knew for sure what their for & what's best to use.
    I just got my Burrow 0 a few days ago. I watched several youtube videos on it and to the best of my understanding they are for Ground Dwellers who can tie it up under their sleeping mats. Bungee seems to be the most popular for the job.

• + New Posts