Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images

Palmetto State Hangers - Closing out our first year

Well, folks. It's been a FANTASTIC first year. First of all, I don't know of any other organized hammock camping clubs in the US (and if I'm wrong, correct me) so it's been 100% trial and error since we started this thing officially at last year's Fall Sprawl. Through the generous support of our members, vendors, and the SC State Park system (who have been fantastically supportive of this endeavor), we've made it through and done so with tremendous success.

Just a few highlights: $1000 raised for Sesquicentennial State Park last year at our inaugural event (Fall Sprawl 2013), invitation (and re-invitation) to Palmetto Campout to educate and help folks get started with camping, continued growth throughout the year as new members found us and joined us, and four FANTASTIC events this year with amazing turnouts. Also, congratulations again to Hotlips and Kingsford for being our Members of the Year.

Needless to say, I'm proud of what we've started here and I'm optimistic for our second year, which starts off on the 25th of this month at the 4th Annual Fall Sprawl. We're expecting an amazing turnout this year with both members and vendors alike, and we've got a few events in the works to go along with the four quarterly events that we host.

Just as a note to our current members (and anybody else who may be interested) that aren't in our group on Facebook for one reason or another, membership fees are remaining the same this year and we've added a youth membership for the youngsters who want to be involved. $20/yr for adults, $10/yr for kids age 13-17, and kids 12 and under are always welcome to camp with us for free. Fees may be pre-paid by PayPal to junebugdawn [at] aol.com (friends/family option) or you may pay at Fall Sprawl by seeing Junebug at the Registration Table. All are always welcome to attend any PSH Sponsored Hangs throughout the year. Supporting Membership covers camping fees (typically $5/hang) all year for the member, allows the group to be able to support the State Parks System and other camping areas in SC and promote hammock camping in our beautiful state! Other membership privileges include voting for council members who serve PSH and the ability to host your own hangs supported by PSH funds.
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Congrats on your first year and i hope it's only the first of many more to come !!

GO Palmetta state hangers !!!

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Sounds like so dedicated individuals giving of themselves and their family to make an idea work. Looking forward to the Fall Sprawl, this will be my first hang and it sounds like it will be with a good bunch of folks.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    HG std CF3
    Insulation
    Yeti; Mt. Wash. 4
    Suspension
    Dutchware kevlar
    Images
    Congrats to the PSH!
    "I go because it irons out the wrinkles in my soul." -- Sigurd Olson

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Resurrecting an old thread here to share some relevant information to our members (and anybody else interested) that don't "do" Facebook.

Dawn got the financial spreadsheet updated to reflect everything from Fall Sprawl 2014 to today's date. Since we're an open organization and completely transparent, here's the link:

2014/2015 Financial Spreadsheet

We're glad to address any questions members (or anybody else) may have.
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

• + New Posts