Wanderlust SE Robin's Egg Blue
    Tarp
    Wanderlust Special
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by @Diagonal View Post
    Be sure to give Seaside Hammocks a look for Mayan, Brazilian, and other types of hammocks. I've bought all of my hammock gear (stand, hammocks, and pillows) from there. Tommy, the owner, is a great guy and is willing to answer any question you might have.
    I second Diagonal about Tommy--he was awesome to work with and answered all of my questions. We have two Mayans we purchased through him (Queen size). My dd11yo LOVES hers. I still prefer my Brazilian. If I get another Mayan, I will probably get the thicker corded one.

Tommy's Brazilians and Nicaraguans were more expensive, but I did see he has them on sale right now. We (dd17yo and I) sleep in these Brazilians we got from Hayneedle: http://www.hayneedle.com/product/lar...withfringe.cfm Hayneedle also has an XL Brazilian without Fringe for $89 right now.

Hammock
    Trail Lair || Brazilian
    Tarp
    CF w/ doors
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    UCR
    In case you haven't seen it already, there's a thread where hanging full-time is discussed: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ammock-nirvana.

Regarding hammock choice, after owning a Mayan, I decided that my ultimate hammock for indoor hanging would be one made of silk, available at http://www.dharmatrading.com/fabric/...i-fabrics.html. I'm just waiting for them to re-stock the 70"-wide fabric to make mine. If you have even modest sewing skills, you will be able to make the hammock yourself, otherwise mail the fabric to Jared from http://simplylightdesigns.com/, and he will make it for you, with a high level of craftmanship, at a very decent price.

See this for a good thread on making a double-layer hammock: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...angerous-Bird). Your indoor hammock doesn't need any of the bells and whistles shown here, and you could even make it single-layer, if the fabric you choose is strong enough to support your weight.
    Last edited by Gravity; 09-30-2014 at 16:24.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    PLUQ, Sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Webbing/buckles

Update 10/16/14

After spending some time in the Equip hammock, I learned that I didn't like the seams of a 3 section hammock. I kept having problems with it putting pressure on my head or feet. My first solution was to go with a wider hammock. I ordered an ENO DN, but that didn't work out.

The ENO DoubleNest was comfortable so long as I could sprawl out in any way I wanted. Once I put my PLUQ on it, and was restricted to staying within it to keep warm, I was no longer comfortable. It felt too tight and restrictive. On the second night, I took it down and put up the Equip at around 3am because I was frustrated with the lack of comfort. The next day I measured the hammock, and it was indeed the advertised 72" wide, but it was only 8.5 feet long. I think this was my problem. It went back to the vendor for a refund.

I began researching hammock that were a single piece of fabric at this point. What I ended up with was a Warbonnet Traveler XL with 1.7 DL. I have slept in this for a little over two weeks now, and I love it! It's very comfortable and is just the right width at 65". I've set the PLUQ aside for now, and put a fleece blanket between the layers. I was getting irritated with getting hit in the face by the suspension of the PLUQ. The fleece is working great. It got down to 54 last night, and I do not have the heat turned on yet. I was very comfortable.

I'm getting to where I can go to sleep within a few minutes and only wake up about 1 or 2 times a night. That's less than I was waking in the bed. This morning I was in such a deep sleep, that it took about 30 minutes for me to register that the alarm was going off. That could be a problem on some days, but at least I'm feeling more rested than I ever have.

My family is coming to visit tomorrow, so I'll be moving the stand to the living room and putting the bed down for them. Monday night I can return to my room. Then... next Thursday night we are headed out to the Ozarks for the weekend. I'll get to put the Blackbird through it's paces. I'm really looking forward to that.

All in all, I'm really happy about this change. I'm getting better sleep than I have for as long as I can remember. I no longer wake up sore when I sleep more than 7 hours. I'll report back when the day comes to try a brazilian or mayan, but for now... I love my Traveller.

Thank you everyone for your support and information. I'm really happy to have found this forum.

Vert

Hammock
    ENO Double deluxe
    Tarp
    UST Weather Tarp
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas Straps
    Cool! I have the equip travel hammock too. I now use eno but that was my first hammock. How do you like it?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    PLUQ, Sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Webbing/buckles
    I no longer use it. It rides in my Jeep so that I always have one with me. For the price, it was great. My Traveller is much much better.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123