ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images

Additional Argon 90 colors available for UQPs

Donna here...

We are adding the Orange and Red Argon 90 fabrics available for UQPs.

You may see the colors and fabric description here... http://dutchwaregear.com/argon-90.html .

We don't have them listed on our website yet. I don't know when I will have a chance to get Tim to add them...hopefully soon. Until then...just order a breathable UQP and state that you want the Red or Orange Argon in the comments section.

The price for these 2 colors will be $39.00 for the Gathered end style, and $42.00 for the Bridge style.

Please note that the width of the UQP in these colors is the same as the Argon Camo.

Any questions, please contact us via a PM or e-mail through our website.

Thanks!
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

Hammock
    Thunderbird, DIY 11'
    Tarp
    Superfly, HG
    Insulation
    DIY, HG, UGQ
    Suspension
    lots
    Images
    Hi Donna,

I was wondering if you have given any thought to using the Argon 67 for an UQP? Curious if would provide the same amount of heat retention. It also has a DWR coating so moisture protection should be similar.

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    I just sent a text to Dutch...I think we discussed this before, and he agreed that it was too light weight. I just asked him again to make sure. I or he will let you know.
    Thanks for asking,
    Donna
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    2QZQ tree table!

Hammock
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Dutch is getting me a sample. I have some concerns using this light of a weight fabric (the Argon 67)...will check with Tim.
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    2QZQ tree table!

Hammock
    Thunderbird, DIY 11'
    Tarp
    Superfly, HG
    Insulation
    DIY, HG, UGQ
    Suspension
    lots
    Images
    Ok, thanks, I'll keep an eye out.

Hammock
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jwright View Post
    Hi Donna,

I was wondering if you have given any thought to using the Argon 67 for an UQP? Curious if would provide the same amount of heat retention. It also has a DWR coating so moisture protection should be similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Questions View Post
    I just sent a text to Dutch...I think we discussed this before, and he agreed that it was too light weight. I just asked him again to make sure. I or he will let you know.
    Thanks for asking,
    Donna
    Dutch is getting me a sample. I have some concerns using this light of a weight fabric (the Argon 67)...will check with Tim.
    Donna here....I have the sample. I did some weight comparisons. Using the 67 would only save approx. 1/2 ounce. Plus the 67 is more expensive than the 90. The additional price vs. weight savings isn't significant, therefore, I have decided not to offer the 67. Since our business is in our house, I have limited space for storing fabric. There is a strong possibility I will have some additional colors of the 90 available mid December. I have been trying to find/replace some colors/fabrics we have offered before, without success. If the new 90 colors do become available...they should be the replacement I have been looking for!
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    2QZQ tree table!

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Nice information to know. I have two of your Quilt Protectors in black silnylon, they are first class, much nicer than the commercial one I have.

I made my TQ using orange Argon 90 and the inside is the cinnamon brown Argon 67, your quilt protector in the orange would look great.

Hammock
    Netty, XLC
    Tarp
    HG Std, Zpacks Asy
    Insulation
    HG, EE, Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Hi Tim and Donna,

What is the weight of your RSN fabric used in the ripstop breathable UQP? How would you compare this to the Argon? I realize the price and weight are close. Does the extra width of the RSN make a difference?

I know people rig UQPs out of ponchos. What do you think about adding a slot to stick your head through on your UQP? I would not plan this for regular use, but it might be a good in an emergency.

Also wondering about the colors. I get the desire for camo and wouldn't rule it out, but I'm thinking more about performance. Seems like black would be best to capture any sunlight warmth (if the goal is to keep warmer). For warm weather splash protection, just the opposite, i.e. light and reflective. I've heard some suggest black on the outside of the UQ might draw heat out of it? I didn't think it worked that way. Does the color matter for warmth or am I just "chasing after the wind", ecclesiastically speaking?

BTW...I grew up in Lititz and Leola and was a Boy Scouts in the 70s as well. I remember a Jamboree near the Park City mall, and backpacking near Indiantown Gap (hearing artillery practice as we hiked). Those are the few memories I have of Boy Scouts, but maybe we crossed paths. I still think about that when I hear the distant booms of Marines practicing in Camp Pendleton near my home. Now I read Lititz is America's coolest home town.

Thanks,
    Slbear

Hammock
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slbear View Post
    Hi Tim and Donna,

What is the weight of your RSN fabric used in the ripstop breathable UQP? How would you compare this to the Argon? I realize the price and weight are close. Does the extra width of the RSN make a difference?

I know people rig UQPs out of ponchos. What do you think about adding a slot to stick your head through on your UQP? I would not plan this for regular use, but it might be a good in an emergency.

Also wondering about the colors. I get the desire for camo and wouldn't rule it out, but I'm thinking more about performance. Seems like black would be best to capture any sunlight warmth (if the goal is to keep warmer). For warm weather splash protection, just the opposite, i.e. light and reflective. I've heard some suggest black on the outside of the UQ might draw heat out of it? I didn't think it worked that way. Does the color matter for warmth or am I just "chasing after the wind", ecclesiastically speaking?

BTW...I grew up in Lititz and Leola and was a Boy Scouts in the 70s as well. I remember a Jamboree near the Park City mall, and backpacking near Indiantown Gap (hearing artillery practice as we hiked). Those are the few memories I have of Boy Scouts, but maybe we crossed paths. I still think about that when I hear the distant booms of Marines practicing in Camp Pendleton near my home. Now I read Lititz is America's coolest home town.

Thanks,
    Slbear
    Hi Slbear,

Donna here...

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. I was away from the computer for most of the day.

Thank you for your interest in the UQPs.

We use 1.1 calendared ripstop nylon. The width of the ripstop can be handy if you want to bring it higher up on the sides for protection. You can see the pictures on our website of the Argon Camo and Multicam, and how they on the hammocks.

Slot in the UQP for head...no, I don't make slits. Sorry.

Black for the UQP...unless you are sleeping in the daytime, with no tarp, when the sun is shinning, color of the UQP wouldn't make a difference for warmth. I don't think the color makes a difference with water/splash protection.

Tim was active with Troop 142 here in Lititz. Maybe you did cross paths. If you would like to talk further with Tim, he would be glad to communicate with you via a PM. I have a brother that was involved with the same troop. Actually, Tim and I first met at a boy scout function.

Yes, last year Lititz was voted "America's Coolest Small Town". That was a special honor the town enjoyed. Google "Rock Lititz" to see what is happening now with Lititz!
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    2QZQ tree table!

Hammock
    Netty, XLC
    Tarp
    HG Std, Zpacks Asy
    Insulation
    HG, EE, Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Hi Slbear,
    Black for the UQP...unless you are sleeping in the daytime, with no tarp, when the sun is shinning, color of the UQP wouldn't make a difference for warmth. I don't think the color makes a difference with water/splash protection.
    when you put it that way, I think you are right.

Thanks for the help,
    Slbear

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast