Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    DIY GE
    Insulation
    Down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    DynaGlide UCRs
    EE Enigma would work great. I have one and love it. I sold my revelation to get it as I never once opened the footbox being that it was a 20* quilt. EE sells them in lengths up to 84" and widths up to 64".

Hammock
    10' DH Sparrow, Net+OC
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    HG Econ 20- 40°TQ
    Suspension
    SpWeb2.0+whoopies
    Nice thing about the cottage vendors is that you have a ton of options on length and width. A tall length quilt is a safe bet seeing as you're well over 6'. As far as width, what helped me a bit was to grab a flexible tape measure and just mock up where different width quilts would reach around you (might need a second person to help w/ that). It'll give you a general idea, which you can then tweak according to how you like to sleep (arms @ sides, mummy style, arms on top, and how much wiggle room you want in there, etc etc).

Hammock
    10' DH Sparrow, Net+OC
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    HG Econ 20- 40°TQ
    Suspension
    SpWeb2.0+whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by HoosierT View Post
    EE Enigma would work great. I have one and love it. I sold my revelation to get it as I never once opened the footbox being that it was a 20* quilt. EE sells them in lengths up to 84" and widths up to 64".
    Good to hear from someone w/ an EE Enigma. I've gone through this past Spring and Summer w/ a generic eBay TQ, and it's worked just fine, but with everything else in my setup having been upgraded, it's next on my want to upgrade list, and EE is on the shortlist of vendors that I'm considering for a new 30° TQ.

Hammock
    DIY GE
    Insulation
    Down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    DynaGlide UCRs
    Quote Originally Posted by GearJunkie_1307 View Post
    Good to hear from someone w/ an EE Enigma. I've gone through this past Spring and Summer w/ a generic eBay TQ, and it's worked just fine, but with everything else in my setup having been upgraded, it's next on my want to upgrade list, and EE is on the shortlist of vendors that I'm considering for a new 30° TQ.
    IMO EE has one of the best baffle designs and now that the Enigma has a 3D footbox, it was a no-brainer for me.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY SilPoly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Hybrid UHMWPE/MSH
    I've got a 30 degree top quilt that's 78" x 55". I'm about your same size, and in a hammock this thing is plenty big. Maybe even a bit too big, but I like it roomy. IMO, any quilt wider than 55" is wasted material in a hammock. I'm guessing that the larger ones are more popular with the ground crew. Your underquilt is going to wrap around your sides, so you may tuck your top quilt in around you, but mostly it just needs to cover the top of your body. 55" is more than enough for me even when I'm on the ground, so I don't see how somebody similarly sized would need anything larger in a hammock.

im 6'3 around 230 with broad shoulders.

I used a Mid-Atlantic Mountain Works Marcy (their 20 deg model) and was snug as a bug the whole AT. It was plenty comfy in the hammock and worked for me the few nights i went to ground as well. I thought his shock cord thing was, if not a gimmick, a feature i'd never use; but it worked really well

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12