Thread: Time to Wrap up

Time to Wrap up

This summer I moved back outside to sleep, and my NX250 being my hammock of choice, went with me. Since the weather was warm, too warm much of the time, bottom insulation was no issue. However, time moves along and overnight temps do go down. This was no problem as long as the lows were in the higher 60's, but we started having lows down into the 50's and my back, while not getting really cold, did get cool, enough to be off-putting while trying to get to sleep. Last night with a predicted low of 55 I decided to add my UQ, and the difference was amazing. Low was 53 and I was sooooo warm and comfy. I can't wait for tonight to do it again.
    If you prepare for failure you will probably succeed.

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    old4hats, I can't figure out how you can sleep in the hammock in the summer time? It is too darn hot and humid to be comfortable to me. Now is the time for good sleep outside, I love it down in the low 60's and into the 50's. So nice, and my UQ makes me so warm and comfy. See you in the woods soon.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    HENNY HYPER/EXP
    Tarp
    CAMO VERTEX
    Insulation
    BBJB
    Suspension
    WHOOPIES
    I wish that clarks would have a vent or mesh on the bottom to help with summer time heat... although with the tarp off and the net on its still nice even in the Caribbean heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    old4hats, I can't figure out how you can sleep in the hammock in the summer time? It is too darn hot and humid to be comfortable to me. Now is the time for good sleep outside, I love it down in the low 60's and into the 50's. So nice, and my UQ makes me so warm and comfy. See you in the woods soon.
    Cali, the truth is that around here the nigh time temps usually get down to the high 60's or a bit cooler, IF, you wait till around mid-night to crawl in. I agree, their mosquito proof bottom lets no air through. and I have a WBRR for those occasions when it is real warm, that thing is wonderful.
    If you prepare for failure you will probably succeed.

• + New Posts