Tarp
    many of my tarps
    Insulation
    yeti, Incubators
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatrick View Post
    Nope, you guys made perfect sense. I didn't really think about the rain or dew. Especially since it's been nothing but rain here all summer long.

Keeping the fly separate.

Sorry for all the noob questions, but what pad do you all prefer? I was originally thinking of going with a bigagnes bag that has the built-in bottom for a pad but since I'll be getting the double bottom, I'm back to choosing the appropriate bag and pad.
    The pad I have is GG1/4 cut down to 30x61... works well. but colder than 50F may need an UQ or thicker pad.
    http://www.gossamergear.com/cgi-bin/...thinlight.html

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatrick View Post
    Sorry for all the noob questions, but what pad do you all prefer? I was originally thinking of going with a bigagnes bag that has the built-in bottom for a pad but since I'll be getting the double bottom, I'm back to choosing the appropriate bag and pad.
    I'm still very much in a "learning" mode about pad/UQ choices. I started with what I have and use for ground sleeping (a large NeoAir pad). I inflate it normally and it works quite well with my WM Caribou sleeping bag, though I noticed some chill where my shoulder (above the pad) contacts the edge of the hammock. A minor position shift in the hammock deals with that. I was comfortable with only the NeoAir and 35 degree rated sleeping bag at 48-50 degrees.

I just got (2 days ago) a Yeti UQ from Brandon, and I'm looking forward to trying that out, though if used without the full length NeoAir, I'll need something under my legs and feet. My current experimental plans call for looking at combinations of NeoAir, Yeti and some CCF to find the best/lightest/easiest solution.
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl.
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & UQ quilts
    Suspension
    Web
    I bought a JRB Shenandoah UQ (Jacks R Better Under Quilt) buT IT goT Cold around Here so insTead of using iT wiTH a 60F sleeping bag as a Top quilT, I'Ve been using THe JRB UQ as a Top quilT and a THermaresT pad. IT Has work Very well for me.
    "In your face space coyote"-HJS

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12