Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly/Edge
    Insulation
    Yeti/Burrow/Woobie
    Suspension
    Whoopie

GoLite Shangri La 3 Tarp and Nest bundle. Green Color.

TENT IS SOLD.

Hi All,

Refining my ground set up a bit and sadly need to let this one go. I love it, just as my interests have inched closer toward ultralight, this one comes out less and less. This set up is a palace for 2+ gear. Never tried to sleep 3. Could definitely be done but would be tight with gear added. Have used 2 + lots of gear and the roominess is really impressive.

Here is a link for specs and such: http://www.golite.com/Shangri-La-3-Tent-P46713.aspx

This tent was purchased in December of 2013 and was used 4 times total. I used it as just a tarp for 3 of them on over night hikes and the nest and tarp on one car camping occasion. The car camping occasion it was on a designated raised camp sight and I used a thick cheap tarp as a ground cloth. It rained quite a bit that trip and not one drop got in. This set up works very well.

As I mentioned in my Warbonnet Sale thread I am meticulous about taking care of my gear. I want it to last and do my best to maximize its longevity through perfect care. Each trip the tarp was cleaned and hung indoors to dry for a bit, and then stored loosely in a storage shelf. The one time I used the nest, I did the same. Also the one time I used the nest, because it was car camping and I could, I brought along some ground sheets for the inside portion of the nest also. Used a blue tarp and an exped multi mat. So the nest floor both inside and outside did not make contact with the ground or us. I have also always stored the pole in its full length state and not folded to protect the longevity of the shock cord inside (although trekking pole users don't even need the pole as you can use them instead). There is not a rip or imperfection on any piece of this system.

Here are a few pictures of it in action:

This is the tarp and nest during the car camping trip (last time it was used):
    IMG_20140525_0559231_zpsb3e527c7.jpg

Here it is as just the tarp on the last (2nd to last time it was used):
    20140115_151207_zpsb5ee4863.jpg

Another just tarp from 2nd to last usage:
    20140115_152609_zps8b76aa49.jpg

If you are interested in the green color or want this is sooner than later this is a better than normal deal as they are currently sold out on the Golite site (only place to purchase), and offering only the yellow color currently on the site (they seem to alternate between offering yellow or green, never seen them offer both at the same time, so not sure if the next run will be green or yellow).

I'm asking $235 shipped.

I pride myself in excellent communication throughout the sale process and fast shipping. I'm sure the gentlemen who bought my Warbonnet gear this week would attest to that.

Thanks for looking!

-Logan

ETA: Oops forgot to mention trades. Looking for ultralight (or at least lighter than most) ground shelter solutions. Tarps and bivys and the like will be considered. If you have something that fits in the Ultra light world that isn't a shelter feel free to offer. I'm polite and the worst I'll say is no thank you
    Last edited by loghangin; 09-26-2014 at 13:25.

Hammock
    BIAS Camper DL
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Just bought a WBBB off of loghangin. Great condition and a great seller!!

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    My Shangri La 3 is the only ground gear I have kept. It is awesome in a major storm. I also like it because I can stand up in it, ya I am short!

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I'll take it.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly/Edge
    Insulation
    Yeti/Burrow/Woobie
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I'll take it.
    Sold to the above poster. Thank you!
    Last edited by loghangin; 09-26-2014 at 13:26.

• + New Posts