Images

I'm SOOOO freakin' close...

It's been rough. You gotta know. The heat of a central MS summer, my mother living with us for the past two months, work, school starting back and the kid's schedules. None of these things has made it even remotely possible for hammock time.

We move mom into her new home Saturday, the temps have dropped to more comfortable levels, humidity is abating, and schedules are more solid now, so I got out last night and hung my "daily driver" hammock. It's a single layer DIY black number I fondly call the stealth fighter and a hex eno tarp that will stay up for the foreseeable future, bird poop and all, who cares.

I got to lay in the hammock for a few minutes (had to test the suspension and lay, right?) before duty called once more. I'm so close I can almost taste it, or perhaps feel it, as it were. It's supposed to rain this weekend at some point, which I also don't care about. There will be hammock time or my family is gonna seek asylum in Afghanistan cause it would be more peaceful there than to watch me twitch and growl because my stress levels have gone through the roof and no outlet for relaxation.

I'm sooooo freakin' close......
    Last edited by Dead Man; 09-26-2014 at 10:50.

Hammock
    DIY 12' GE Tablecloth
    Tarp
    DIY 10x12 Silnylon
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slings
    Images
    DD,

Rain this weekend is just to check out your tarp and dripline config, right? I love napping in the hammock under the tarp during a good rain. November is just around the corner, brother, be strong.

SE

Banned
    You're almost there! Just a little bit longer to wait then you can be resting in your hammock all day

Hammock
    currently hammeck envy
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    phnx,zepp,jbrdge
    Suspension
    straps, hammock an
    Have not been able to hike since June. Knee surgery and mega overtime but I am so looking forward to the Hoosier hang and possibly rrg in Nov. I hear ya about stress levels, but I have slept outside almost the whole summer . As a matter of fact I've had a Hennessy tarp up since I bought it end of July. I figured for fifty bucks what th e heck..only had two guy lines come loose in all that time and storms..dri as a bug under there...the family and neighbors th ink I'm crazy but I don't care
    It's not the boulders that throw us off balance, it's the pebbles beneath our feet

• + New Posts