Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    It was an awesome hang, best one yet. It was the first Fall Sprawl Hang for my three friends who attended with me. They all commented several times about how great it was. They are hooked. I want to thank everyone that played a part in making it so awesome, which pretty much means everyone there. Lots of new folks that I enjoyed meeting and hanging out with. HotLips and Kingsford are so totally awesome for fixing all that food, and as Gresh said there were 80 people there. That is a lot of food, and thank you so very much HotLips and Kingsford for all your hard work. I also want to thank our PSH officers for all their hard work and to Rev for his hard work on this. It takes a lot to make these hangs happen and even more to make them so successful.
    Thank you vendors for showing off your gear and answering all our questions and being patient with us. I can not say enough about how wonderful this Fall Sprawl was. I look forward to next year and I know there will be even more folks at the next one.
    Thank you all for making it an awesome weekend.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    Streamliner, Boone 30
    Tarp
    UGQ, Spinn Edge
    Insulation
    UGQ, SSUQ, Greyloc
    Suspension
    UCR's, Whoopies
    Images
    Thanks to the PSH members and officers for all the hard work that went into making this event the success it was. A special thanks to hotlips and kingsford for their investment into all of their gear and time to prepare all that great food I do recognize the effort and investment you made to be able to pull off the food prep for this event. And the members who took time to present at the workshops my hats off to you for taking the time to plan and present, ya'll did a great job! I think those were a great addition to the weekend and look forward to more of those in the future.

It was also great to enjoy a little frisbee golf with a future trackstar, a hippie and a frisbee golf shark who played with his offhand to give others an outside chance.

Also thank to the vendors who contributed their wares to the raffle and took time to share their expertise and demonstrate their gear to anyone who had a question. It was great to meet the smurfs and Alex with Sheltowee.

Alex volunteered to personally share setup tips for the 40* Boone hammock I won in the raffle and it indeed I enjoyed a very comfortable nights rest until 4 am when I broke camp as quietly as I could to head home to watch the Ryder Cup with my daughter.

I enjoyed meeting some new and catching up with a bunch of great folk, I only get out to a couple of these a year but it's great to enjoy a little time in the woods such a great group.

Who would expect to meet folks from MI, OH, KY, TN, AL at a group hang put on by a few folks who love hanging out in the SC woods? The increase in scope and size of this event is proof that there are a few folks who are willing to put in significant effort to grow this group, AGAIN, hats off to Rev, Gresh, Junebug and SquidBilly for their work and the Camp Cook crew, ya'll made a bunch of folks very happy and a few pounds heavier this weekend.

Look forward to the next time I can join ya'll in the woods.
    Last edited by dirtwheels; 09-29-2014 at 08:07.
    Give me more darkness said the blind man,
    Give me more folly said the fool,
    Give me stone silence said the deaf man,
    I didn't believe Sunday School.
    Phil Keaggy

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Sounds a good time was had by all. We had one hanger at the Grayson Hang wearing her Palmetto Hangers T Shirt so you were represented there. I had asked Tacoma that if I won something at the raffle to not tell me and just bring it to the Hunger Hang. He PM'd me and said I had to have it now and no it was not an extra large Nutty Butty Ice Cream. Also said that if I did not want it, his wife did, so now I am worried.

My only complaint is that the Terminator and I had to choose between two great hangs going on the same weekend. Hoping next year they will be on different weekends so we can attend both.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Wbbb, BMBH, Clark nx270, wbrr,
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammockgear UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    BB webbing, python
    My wife and I had a great time. It was so nice to make new friends, enjoy some great food, and just relax in the beautiful surroundings. Thanks to all who made it happen.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Just got my raffle prize in the mail. ...that was some fast shipping. Now I know why Missy at UGQ's told me I had won something really nice in a reply to an email I sent her about ordering some stuff. Its not pink or pink camo so I can keep it.

A big shout out to Tacoma and Jazzie for being my proxies for the raffle and making a most excellent choice.

And a shout out to UGQ's for donating the gear for the raffle.
    Last edited by gunner76; 09-30-2014 at 14:19.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    A shout out to Wilderness Logic for a very nice Ridgeline Organizer I won at the raffle. It will come in handy as I need a place for my glasses and phone.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 Double, DIY Table Cloth
    Tarp
    Mamajamba, Noah 12
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slings
    Images
    A big shoutout to whom ever made the pot holders. I won a set and donated it to the new and upcoming chuck wagon.

Hammock
    WBBB, RR, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    WB SF, CB
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UGQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    Just got my raffle prize in the mail. ...that was some fast shipping. Now I know why Missy at UGQ's told me I had won something really nice in a reply to an email I sent her about ordering some stuff. Its not pink or pink camo so I can keep it.

A big shout out to Tacoma and Jazzie for being my proxies for the raffle and making a most excellent choice.

And a shout out to UGQ's for donating the gear for the raffle.
    I cant believe it got down there that fast. I couldn't drive there that fast.
    Straight out of Clayton.

Most physical hike: Grandfather Mountain, NC. Aug 13.

I don't need to make my pack lighter. I need to make my (_*_) lighter.

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Such a large event and not a single picture to be posted????

Gator Holler sounds like quite the place.

Cheers

Brian
    Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment. - Unknown

Hammock
    Sheltowee Hammocks
    Tarp
    Big, Retangular
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    How about some moving pictures!? _jstevens2010_ posted a great video of the weekend on this thread
    -Alex

Sheltowee Hammocks Feature INTEGRATED UNDERQUILTS! Starting at $224

Step Out Of Your Sheltowee @ www.ShellHammocks.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast