Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkerik View Post

Superfly's great in that the doors are removable. But I just dont know if i can do black or blue?
    current colors are actually blue or slate grey (dark grey with a slight green tint) it's a very stealthy color

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Edge spinn
    Insulation
    Yeti3S JRB HudRiv
    Suspension
    dynaglide whoopie
    Images
    Wow thats cool

Ithought it was black- hard to tell from the pic's i guess

My only concern on the dark grey is it lets so little light in during daylight hours- but green tint sounds nice
    kirk

Images
    no, the pics are black and blue, grey is a new color not shown on the website, it's a dark grey looking at it from outside, but alot of light comes through, it's not dark under the tarp by any means

Hammock
    WB BlackBird DL 1.1
    Tarp
    WB Edge Spinn
    Insulation
    WB Yeti 3S
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Kirkerik-

I have one of the WB tarps in the new slategray, and while I don't have have any pictures of it set up, I do have pictures of my BB, which would appear to be made of the identical color (though not the same fabric, of course). As you can see in the first pic, Brandon's description of the color as "dark grey with a slight green tint" is quite accurate (IMO, at least). I also agree that it is quite stealthy-it seems to sort of melt into the background.

I'll try to take some pics of the tarp as soon as I can, but I don't have a yard to set it up in, so it might take a few more days.

Hope that helps....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fiat Luchs

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Edge spinn
    Insulation
    Yeti3S JRB HudRiv
    Suspension
    dynaglide whoopie
    Images
    Ohhhh, I see...

Thank you Warbonnetguy and Lynx! That looks like a really nice grey, might just be what i'm lookin for! From your pic's Lynx, it looks like plenty of light shines through. Thanks. I would love to see some more pic's - if you get the chance. I can also see the slight tint of green . cool. Some other greys i've seen are kinda blue.

I understand now what you mean by dark grey - oops sorry Warbonnetguy. Of course - "it's not dark under the tarp by any means"

In photography an 18% gray card is sometimes used to get a proper exposure (old days). 18% gray is the average of everything that light reflects off of so a grey of that value would probably be the most stealth or the most neutral in most conditions. (cool) It's also called neutral gray. It looks like the gray you have Warbonnetguy is really close to 18% grey which is perfect!

I'm in to the grey but one thing i can say for the black is your lantern or headlamp won't shine through so easily at night so that's a stealth aspect worth considering w/ black.

kirk

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    .......The Speer winter tarp looks great too of course w/ a good price and light weight.......
    There are plenty of folks out there that make some excellent tarps, but you can't go wrong with the SWT, IMO. It's one of the best tarps on the market, if you ask me. I like it for year round use, just because it has tons of coverage and makes a huge porch over my hammock to cook under or enjoy the view from.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    WB BlackBird DL 1.1
    Tarp
    WB Edge Spinn
    Insulation
    WB Yeti 3S
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I would love to see some more pic's - if you get the chance. ...I understand now what you mean by dark grey - oops sorry Warbonnetguy. Of course - "it's not dark under the tarp by any means"
    I was just about to take some pictures when I realized that the tarp Brandon uses in his "Superfly Setup" video is the new slate gray. Take a look, you'll find plenty of images there, including ones of the brightness underneath the tarp.

Incidentally, while I agree with you that there would be less light seeping through a black tarp than, say, a white one at night, the fabrics in question are so thin that I'm not sure that the difference is really all that great.

By the way, it should be noted that I am in no way disparaging the SWT. I've simply never used one, so I am not in a position to compare it to the Superfly.
    Fiat Luchs

Images
    yes, even black sil will let light through, alot different than say black 1.9 pu coated which would be pretty opaque.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Edge spinn
    Insulation
    Yeti3S JRB HudRiv
    Suspension
    dynaglide whoopie
    Images
    thanks for cluing me in to these new great videos! This website keeps getting better!

Nice job Warbonnetguy! Makes a great supplement to your existing website - which is probably your plan...

Lynx- I agree, doesn't seem the color matters to much as far as light transparency goes.

Warbonnetguy- In a video by Mark and Turk "episode 2 part 1" there is a black superfly set up in the snow. Camera shot inside appears quite bright considering it's a black tarp.

thanks, kirk

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    The Edge
    Insulation
    Incubator UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie, biner
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    current colors are actually blue or slate grey (dark grey with a slight green tint) it's a very stealthy color
    That's it, I'm ordering mine on Friday...student loans can wait

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast