ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    bedroom ceiling
    Insulation
    a couple blankets
    Suspension
    rope

?'s for those with a hammock in the bedroom

Just read 10 pages of the "What made you a hanger" thread and was surprised at the people who said they sleep in hammocks at home. I'm only 38, but it's been a rough 38 years. I walk bent over for the first 20 minutes after waking up, back hurts, knees hurt, shoulders hurt, neck and elbows hurt, just about everything but my pancreas hurts. Does a hammock really hep that much with back pain? I would be interested in putting one in the bedroom if it would even lessen the pain. How long would a full time hammock last? I spent $800 on a mattress a few years ago and it's already getting ruts in them, and neither my wife or I are very big, I'm 180 and 5'11". Also, judging from pictures it seems most the hammock stands take up quite a bit of real estate, our bedroom is only 13 1/2 feet long. Has anyone built a smaller frame? I work at a metal shop and will try designing something in AutoCAD, but if somebody has already built one it may save me some costly mistakes. How high is the risk of a Gilligan tumble out of the hammock during an ... uhm "intimate moment" in a double hammock? Could be a new experience, but would most likely ruin the moment. Those of you who have hammocks as a home bed, how did you convince your significant other? My main problem is I made our bed. It is a rustic bed and I used the waterjet at work and cut out a bear with the Rocky Mountains in the background out of metal for our headboard. It is really a beautiful bed, and I don't know how to convince her to trade it for a hammock?
    Anyway, sorry for the long post, thanks for any advice, and hope nobody shot milk out there nose laughing at the thought of getting tangled in the hammock during special time.
    Myke
    Last edited by Myke; 08-12-2009 at 23:49. Reason: grammatical error

• + New Posts