Another newbie with more first time questions...

I just bought the Hennessy Scout. I've setup the hammock (and taken it down, and reset it multiple times) for the first time in my backyard today, and even though I've watched MANY of the videos, and read thru MANY posts I still have some problems:

I've got the straps at head height on the trees, trees are measured 21.5 ft apart (see photos).

I've got the lines tightened so that the bottom of the hammock is about at knee height (about 18 inches) without me in it. (see photos).

When I get inside, the hammock sags to about 4 inches off the ground, and I'm concerned that during the night I'll end up on the ground.
I thought head height was the right height for attaching the lines to the trees; should I attach them at arm's reach over head (another couple feet)? Do I have the right "sag" in the hammock? I've seen posts talk about finding the right angle, but haven't seen a description of what the "angle" is...

Although I can't figure out how to tie the "Hennessy knot" (even with the videos I've found), I don't think my knots are coming undone (see photos)

I'm trying to put a foam pad in the hammock underneath me...I've got two different pads (see photo)

The lighter colored one is much newer, longer, and more "stiff"; the darker one is older, shorter, and more flexible. I've tried putting the lighter/longer one in the hammock...no fraking way. The darker/shorter one will fit, but I can't figure out a way to straighten it out once it's inside & I'm inside; there's just no room to shift it around...what am I doing wrong?

I attached the fly/tarp (see photo)

but it's small enough that it's very difficult to get it centered over the hammock for full rain coverage. Do I need a larger fly/tarp?
I've also attached it to the support line as described in the instrucitons (see photo)

but that seems kind of "cheesey" since it almost immediately partially disconnects from the line (see photo)

Will that matter?

Is there anything wrong with the "Scout" model? I don't see many people mention it here...Should I have gotten another model?

OK, I know it's lots of questions; any help will be appreciated.