Had a chance for my first visit to Tassie. The mecca of Australian bush walkers. my time was limited so me and a few friends decied to hit some of the famous overland track and try to bag a peak.

we grabbed the small ferry across Lake st Clair. The mountains started popping up all around.

The Overland track is a marked track from start to finish but we veered off on a smaller side track to base up and do a day trip or two depending on the weather.

there was a hut that people stay in but I set my hammock up to escape the smells of the thru hikers who havent washed sine they started 5 days previous

The next day the weather looked good and we headded for the top of the Acropolis.

The trail was good and went through some beaut temperate rainforest down low and then as you climb it becomes more alpine very quickly.

We followed the path untill it was to coverd with snow to see. Two of the four of us decided to stay put there and get lunch cooking while me and one other head to the top.

we bashed our way across the snow face and with agood scrample hit the furthest peak along of 3 peaks and semi peaks.

and the top

The weather didnt hold the next day and the temps dropped so we decided to have nice light hike out and be out for a late afternoon lunch.

Cheers
Hitch