Thread: me HH clone

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

me HH clone

Here's a pic of my current HH clone, actually I have another one for my wife or the occasional camping pal, the same except black and with the zipper side reversed (guess what- I found out the hard way that my homemade KAQ can work just as well inside out if you accidentally switch the tie outs). It's 1.1 oz breathable with a #3 zipper the full length. It is an awesome chair and it's nice to cook just by leaning outside. I had a HH exped but hated the rathole entry so started putting a zipper on that, then when I discovered just how simple the HH is constructed ordered the materials and built this one ( it weighs less than the UB by the way). I whip the ends with cord and zip ties and cover them with a little silnyl sock, and girth hitch my suspension cords below that. I use a SMG two ring buckle I saw here on a kevlar cord (needs to be lighter), attached to 10'x3/4 polypro straps with loops I bartacked on the ends. As long as you wrap 3 times there is no tree damage (look at how climbers set up). I am only 150 lbs so no real stretch for me there. I also have silnyl skins for all of my stuff, but would also like to try a BB sack for my tarps because they might work better with the way I want to pack. I would like to post more pics but I am still learning how and so it is a tedious process.

smartcarpie
    Attached Images Attached Images

• + New Posts