I just recently got a JRB 10x11 tarp after agonizing between that and a SWT. What swayed me was the multiple configuration possibilities among other more minor things. However, I'm finding that causes some other issues, not the least of which is how to rig the suspension.

My HH Hex pitches (pretty much) only one way as far as the ridgeline goes, which allows me to just keep it in the snake skins for windy setup or stargazing. Very easy, same every time, and I can do it in my sleep.

With the new tarp, what I've been leaning toward is pitching under Tired Feet & TeeDee's toggled ridgeline idea to allow last-minute changes to my pitch. I'm trying it out today in the backyard to see how it goes.

I've also thought of setting it up like my HH with cord on the RL tieouts, but no full-length RL. This would require use of heavier line than the braided mason line I currently use for stake tie-outs, though (or is heavier line even needed for ridge line tie-outs).

Either way, it doesn't allow for an easy "start" to hanging the tarp in the wind or rain. What I mean is, I have to decide which tie-out will be the ridge tie-out, and then pull it out first from the stuff sack or else have the tarp potentially flapping like a sail in the breeze.

Some ideas: I could mark the tie-outs with different colors of cord, and try to search for that color in the stuff sack. I could also try to fold/roll the tarp prior to stowing in such a way that it would be easier to find the tie-out I'm looking for.

Hopefully some of you more experienced hangers here have some thoughts on how to make this easier. Any other tips/tricks on pitching the JRB would be appreciated, too. Thanks!

Namaste,