Hello HF!

My name is Joshua (alas, not Marcus, my screen name is a play on a song by the band Clutch... yeah. I'm tight like that)

So anyhow, I camped extensively as a kid and teenager, but not so much in the last 25 years - though I am an avid flyfisherman. This year I decided to make some serious (and looong overdue) life changes , among which I have started cycling daily (both on a mtb component laced touring bike and a super comfy recumbent trike). My interest in hammocks actually arose from my research on lightweight and comfortable bike touring camping gear, as I plan on doing quite a bit of it. Though I feel a new obsession a brewin.

I am very excited to integrate hanging into both of my other main obsessions - fishing and cycling; and also just as an excuse to get outside and breathe. Who knows maybe buy some snow shoes and start some winter hiking?

Still a bit overwhelmed when it comes to the hammocks- like any rabbit hole this goes as deep as I choose - but as I'm still a big guy 6'4" and down from about 365 to about 280ish, I am looking at a # of double bottom models to choose from. Currently the WBBB XLC has peaked my interest- though I'd like to try a few before leaping but then again I likely will be pulling the trigger on something somewhat soon either way as I'd like to get some local late fall & winter hanging under my belt before I do some serious traveling in the spring.

Looking forward to soaking up more information and maybe getting to hang with some of you. I know there are quite a few from PA on board.

Oh and btw, like many others, I really want to give a special thanks to Shug and his incredibly informative (and entertaining) youtube videos. He converted me - I am certain that hanging is the way to go and those videos also led me here.

Danke beaucoup amigo