This weekend bmwrider and I took an overnight stealth trip to Stoney Creek Metro Park in Michigan to test some new gear for the upcoming winter hangs in Michigan.
image1.JPG
image2.JPG
I tested my new Superfly which worked extremely well however i did notice an issue. When i received the tarp in the mail the other day i noticed there was a crease in the side wall when removing it from the stuff sack. I figured this would go away after hanging for a day so i left it hanging in the basement. As you can see from the pictures the crease still remains. You can pull on either side and it will flatten out however once you let it go it goes right back to the creased state. I will be contacting warbonnet regarding the issue to see if there is a fix or whether or not they can send me a replacement. In my eyes its a potential weak spot in the fabric.
image6.JPGimage7.JPG

I also used my new whisper lite for the first time and although i did love how well it works, it took some getting used to since it's my first liquid stove. I'm hoping to figure out a more efficient way of setting it up and tearing it down. I also got a good feeling for what i did and did not need as far as overpacking.

bmwrider and I had a lot of fun. He was able to test his new Dream Hammocks Sparrow and he loved it. He let me lay in it and i was hooked!!! I hope to get one next.
image5.JPGimage3.JPG

We were in a random wooded area so unfortunately there was no clear path and several pricker bushes in the way but we made do.