Tarp
    Topless
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    DIY UCR

EDC Hammock

Hey everyone,
    I’m looking for some input from HF on a new hammock purchase. Right now I have my WBBB XLC which is great and serves all of my hammock camping needs but I don’t have anything that I would consider a casual hammock. So, I’m looking to buy what I’ve come to think of as my Every Day Carry Hammock. I’m looking to buy a single person hammock which is extremely lightweight and has a small pack size. I’m hoping to find a hammock setup that is so minimalist that I can take it with me anywhere I go on any given day, just in case the opportunity for a hang presents itself, or throw it in my pack alongside my WB for nights when a full setup isn’t necessary.

Right now, I have identified the following (in no particular order) as potential candidates:
    Dutchware Single, 7.4oz, 11'
    Hummingbird Single, 5.2oz, 8'8"
    ENO Sub7, 6.5 oz, 8'9"
    DD Superlight, 9.52 0z (including suspension), 8'10"
    Grand Trunks Nano 7, 7.4 oz, 9'
    AntiGravityGear Quicksilver Ultralight Hammock, 8.3 oz, 11'
    ButtInASling Weight Weenie Mirco, 7.52 oz, 11'

Some of these options don’t include suspension systems and some do. Suspension systems are a topic in which I am not well versed. What is the lightest suspension system that I should employ? Also, am I missing an obvious option that I should be considering? What does everyone think of the idea of an EDC Hammock? I would appreciate any and all feedback, suggestions and experiences!

Also, size is a consideration, I’m 6’1” and am used to my WBBB XLC. I don’t have any experience with a shorter hammock so any perspective you could provide on the topic would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by cincihangs; 02-12-2016 at 13:11. Reason: Updating to include hammock length

• + New Posts