Greetings, I am a newb who has been getting my supplies together for a four day motorcycle campout. In my procurement process I ordered a 180ft roll of red Zing-it. Upon trying different setups in the backyard I noticed that the red color had come off on my hardware, and I started to look a bit "red-handed".

So, buyer beware. The red will/may bleed... I searched and didn't see many postings about the red Zing-it so I thought I would document my findings here. I called Samson (manufacture) and they said it may have been a "cure" problem. IDK, it seemed like it was just a red wax that was applied that is destined to come off quickly. After the coating rubs off on something, the rope itself is white/gray underneath. YMMV.

Good ending to story for me. I bought it from Sherrill Tree (it is an arborist throwline after all) and contacted them as per Samson's suggestion. They were great, and volunteered to send me a roll of the yellow Zing-it. and told me to keep the red line. Great service, more than I expected. So the red will be going into the bug-out bag, bye bye paracord...