I just found this forum and started posting but i realised i never formally introduced myself.

My name is Ryan, I'm 22y/o and i live in Knoxville TN. Although my dad is an avid hiker/canoer i don't have a whole lot of experience with being in the woods. I recently decided i wanted to start hiking/camping more so i ordered a HH Explorer Delux hammock and as soon as i get my money right i'd like to get a larger tarp and an underquilt for it.

I have a background in horticulture with an emphasis on edible and medicinal wildplants and hydroponic culture. I went to college for a few years but dropped out and got an office job in the magazine industry.

About 50lbs ago i enjoyed rock climbing and mountain biking but since this office job i sit around so much i have gained a lot of weight. I'm hoping that this hammock (and specifically the adventures i'll have with it) wil help me lose some weight and get in fighting shape again. I also enjoyed motorcycling (Deals Gap, Cherahola Skyway, etc.) on my Ninja but i sold it to buy and engagement ring for my S.O. I want another motorcycle but it isn't in the budget right now.

I just purchased an 07' Felt Q720 mountain bike and i'm hoping to do some overnight bike/camp trips with some friends. I did Tsali, NC 2 months ago on the ground and hardly slept so i am looking foward to hanging next trip!

I tend to be very sarcastic and "flip" with my responses sometimes so if i say something out of line please don't take it personally i was probably joking.

I'm really excited to join the outdoor/hammock culture and based on the few discussions i've already been involved with here i can tell this is a home to some VERY smart/creative/tallented people.

If you have any plant questions feel free to post up or PM me any time and i'll do my best to help you out if i can.

last thing- I'm getting married on august 11th so if anyone has any words of wisdom for me i'd love to hear them. (example: TURN AND RUN!!!!)

soooo.... thats me! Nice to meet all of you.