Hello everyone,

Novice hammock user here, trying to switch from tent sleeping after many years hiking. I more or less finalized my UQ choice to Hammock Gear Incubator, but wanted to get your advise on length. I am 5'9'' (69'') and according to Hammock Gear sizing should buy standard length (78''). However, the short length incubator comes at 73'' and I am not sure why Hammock Gear only recommends this UQ for users up to 5'7''. They also state that standard length should
generously cover most hammock campers up to about 6’ 2”.
So if 78'' 'generously' covers 74'' tall users, why 73'' can not do the same for 69'' tall user like me?

Looking at other manufacturers, UGQ Zeppelin is a great UQ, but has extremely long wait times at the moment. It has standard length listed at 78'' and their short it too short at 68'' to cover me head to toe. Enlightened Equipment Rebel does not even bother to sell anything longer then 75'' and calls it Long.

So what would you recommend, would I be fine going with short 73'' length or would I have cold spots at head and toe by trying to save on length, weight and bulkiness?

Would really appreciate your advise.