I am having a bit of a bugnet dilema. In my past diy hammocks I have actually never sewn the bugnet directly to the hammock, instead I went the easier route with a tube.

I am now building a new hammock and have the desire to attach the bugnet. This appeared relatively straight forward at first, but as I proceeded I have experienced some serious cerebral flatulence. What I am trying to garner from the gods of DIY is how to accurately determine the shape that the bugnet needs to be cut, inorder to reduce stress on the bugnet and seams and also to keep from having too much slack in the bugnet?

The dimmensions for the hammock are 11 feet, it is a double layer using the camo from Scott's group buy. I have the hammock body built, whipped, and hung. I plan to have to pull outs about shoulder level that pull the hammock/bugnet away from the body (like the WBB). I believe the general shape would be that of a elongated diamond.

Does anyone have a magical forumla? or a easy way to calculate and determine this? I really need something that is relatively idiot proof.

gracias,

DG