Hi all! I am considering making a half bug net that is zipped to both edges of the hammock, but just drapes down from the ridgeline over my body. I've used a half bug net with no zippers in the past (similar to this). On this one a piece of shock cord was used to hold the bug net on. I like the ease of entering and exiting with this set up, as well as the minimal weight/bulk. It is also important to me for the bug net to be fully removable.

The reason I think the half bug net might be improved with a zipper is mainly for a better seal on the outside edges. Maybe I could achieve the same result with more shock cord or a different attachment system. Main draw back of this method would be that zippers break more easily than other elements. It would also be more complex to build.

I've also considered sewing grosgrain loops a few inches down on the hammock body and using these plus shock cord and a toggle for attachment. I think this might be what I'm leaning towards.

I've tried searching and haven't seen anyone do this before. Maybe there is a reason for that. Any ideas of additional pros or cons? Or ideas for an effective attachment system to get a decent seal on the edges of a half bug net?