Hey everyone!
My best friend at UGA started me into backpacking about 10 years back(always an avid outdoorsman just not in that way). We shared the load of a 3p tent and had a few trips in the GSMNP that were amazing and hooked me! Throughout the past decade, I have backpacked with my boys (12/13)or car camped with the whole family and used a tent. No longer being in my 30s and being tough on my body at my job over that decade became evident those beautiful and blessed mornings at camp.
Last spring, the boys and I met up with some other Dawg brothers and their boys to hike Savage Gulf in Tennessee. Beautiful place!
My friend set up his hammock once we made the campsite and I was intrigued. The decision was easy the next morning after assessing my condition compared to his restful nights sleep. I was lured into the world of hammock camping.
Over the summer on a few car camping trips to Lake Lanier, I slept in my Eno Doublenest that was usually for lounging around in on day hikes. Save one night where I had a short CBS experience, I was convinced this is the way.

The hammock camping bug has not been limited to me, my oldest loved the hammock and he asked for one from his aunt for Christmas and he got an Eno JungleHammock.
After researching his set up and what else we needed, I stumbled upon this site and have greatly benefitted from the wealth of knowledge of a great community from just reading what was available (and many Shug video sessions), I went ahead and purchased a single layer Blackbird XLC for our upcoming camping excursions!!! Atm, I am going with whoopie slings and tree huggers for suspension, my bag and BA pad to start out for sleep system and go from there! I have seen the potential to spec out my hanging system to the n^th degree and that is where I am now.
Looking forward to this new adventure! See y’all around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk