Hello all,

i'm coming back from a camping trip with my Boy scouts..

three things happened - 1. i introduced my troop to hammock camping, they'd all heard about me doing it and they'd even seen pictures but they kept making fun of how funny it looked because it wasn't a tent. the mockery ended abruptly when they got to set up and lay in my blackbird. leaders and scouts were very impressed with the quick setups and the leave no trace aspect. +1 for hammocking...

2. we didn't know about the water main breaking so all 15 of us leaders included got the poops... sorry for the details but you guys get it.

3. it was a miserable night this past saturday in camp Sayre near Boston, MA... after hiking all around in blue hills reservation i was looking forward to a comfy night of sleep under the stars. and teh night before was just that so i my expectations of course were high. it was however the muggiest night i've slept outside in a long time and i wasn't used to it.

so my trip was awesome, the scouts had a good time and we took some awesome pictures, we saw some mountain bikers and a people on horses out there... we got to practice basic to intermediate orienteering and we had decent food... all in all it was an awesome time and everyone has plenty of memories of it all.

however to address situation #3. does anyone have or make a warm weather UQ?? i'm not looking for anything too thick or heavy, its just that i was using my 3 season yeti and as much as i love that thing it certainly proved to be too warm. i wasn't even able to use a TQ becuase of how warm i got... but i realized too quickly that if i moved the yeti, i got too cold underneath...

i've been seeing things coming up here and there regarding insultex and thin climashield quilts but does anyone make one for like 50 degrees or warmer just something more or less to block out the wind?

thanks in advance for all you contribute hopefully we'll have some scouts ordering up some hammocks to get these kids off the ground and into some swinging comfort..

Sebastian