Parts 2 and 3 are up.

The Part 2 tour has two stops. The first is on how to use a monopole hiking staff as a spreader bar. The particular staff shown is a Leki Sierra Antishock pole with Camera mount

In the giving-credit-where-credit-is-due department, I must hasten to add ideas about using a hiking staff were posted by TeeDee in the summer of 2007 when the DIY bridge thing took off. His is the idea of using a monopole. His is the idea of strengthening it with dowel rods. Thank him for identifying wire-nuts as good caps for the the tip. I might have added the washer, but you get the idea...

The second stop on the Part 2 tour visits a down DIY differentially cut 2/3 length underquilt I've made for my bridge hammocks. The novelty, such as it is, is using 0.33 oz/sq yd Cuben fiber for the hammock side body and the baffles. The hammock suspension shown in Part 1 offers a neat little trick for suspending the UQ. The gap between two cords up by the shackle loop are just right for passing a loop of shock cord through, and then run a short trail stick through that loop to secure it.

Part 3 documents the result of my work to use the PacerPole as a spreader bar. Until schrochem found that questoutfitter's poles worked (sometime in 2007 or 2008), my hiking pole seemed the only viable option. I do love my PacerPoles, and wasn't wanting to give them up just so that I could have a trail-ready pole for a bridge hammock. The recipient of this hammock (hi Andy!) has caught the PacerPole bug from me, through Mule. So as much as anything this video is his instruction manual.

The last part of Part three gives a run-down on weights:
hammock body : 8.25 oz
bugnet : 1.65 oz
suspension line : < 2 oz
tree huggers : 2 oz

< 14 oz
excluding the spreader bars, but excluding only the spreader bars