Does anyone else here backpack with kids and use hammocks? I need some advice. I have 4 small kids and I want to switch everyone over to hammocks. The only way that I can make this even feasible, with the weight, is to make my kids share hammocks. I need to be able to put all 4 of them under the same tarp and in the same bug netting. Does anyone have any ways of rigging hammocks so that they can be shared?

I was thinking of hanging two hammocks from the same two trees. I know that this would make them lay quite close to each other but I'm not really worried about that. I could then hang a ridgeline above and loop a line over the ridgeline and under the hammocks and lift up the center of the hammocks a bit. This would effectively make 4 distinct areas where I could put a kid. The loop over the ridgeline would prevent the kids in the same hammock from sliding down into each other during the night. My ENO bugnet and tarp would go over the top and I'd have 4 people with very little weight and only two trees. Does anyone think that this would work?

Has anyone tried any other unusual solutions?