Hi everybody,

I'm just getting into the hanging thing and really liking it so far. I guess I'm just tired of coming home from backpacking trips and feeling so beat down from not sleeping well. After two nights hammocking in the wilds of my back yard I'm sold. I started out backpacking in the 80's with all that cool turquoise and purple expedition weight stuff. I then transitioned over the years into the ultralight thing. Now, I'm trying to put a little comfort back into my pack.

I live in Fridley MN ( a suburb of Minneapolis). I was a military guy, so I spent time living in Oklahoma, Texas and the Black Hills of South Dakota.

I've started the plunge with a Warbonnet Traveller 1.7 sl. I enlisted my wife to sew us some underquilts next. We're splitting a Thru-hiker quilt kit in half in order to get two UQs. We ordered 3oz extra down, so each UQ should have about 7.5 oz. Next I need to figure the tarp situation. So far I've been using a DIY Ray Way Tarp. I also have a CCS 10x10, but it's a little bit beefy. Will the obsession ever end?!

Anyway, thanks for the great forum. I've already learned a lot just lurking.