Hi there all

First post after lurking for several weeks. I'm a Cub Scout leader and have managed to get a foot in the door with the group to try out some hammocking. Yah! This needs to be a minimum cost exercise that can be completed easily within 2 hours for kids aged 8 - 11. I was proposing using some borrowed bedsheets, or similar, as the hammock body - this is to sew the seed for the future rather than create an actual long term working hammock. I'll be getting the boys to make up a simple W fold, some whipping and use a lark's head to support them. I've tried this out with my 10yo and 7yo kids who both fitted the bedsheet version easily so size wise it is fine. Strength wise it was fine too as the kids are all fairly light.

My question is how best to support these in the hall? I'll have about 20 kids in hammocks. There are exposed beams in the ceiling that have been used for other structure hangings in the past. I am proposing running a couple of main support ropes down the length of the hall strung from rafter to rafter. The hammocks will be tied to these support ropes.

Does this sound reasonable?