I think I have narrowed the UQ search down to either a three season Crows Nest or a three season Incubator.

I like the idea of the full coverage an Incubator. My concern is that I would be too hot in the warm months. But the idea of being fully enveloped in down just sounds heavenly.

The Crows Nest seems like it would be less likely to overheat me. My concerns with it are cold feet and head. I know, a foot pad for my feet and a pillow for my head. Most people seem to like the Crows Nest because it is lighter and smaller. But once you add a foot pad and a pillow is it really lighter and less bulky? On the other hand, if I was going to carry a pad anyway just in case I have to go to ground because of lack of trees, then the smaller Crows Nest seems like a smarter choice. Now I am just thinking out loud.

Would an Incubator even cover my feet in a WBBB? Or would the foot box keep my feet outside the UQ anyway?

I know myself. I camp mostly in warm weather and almost never in cold weather. But I have always been a "be prepared for the worst case" sort of person. So the Crows Nest would probably be fine.

I know I am rambling on and just thinking out loud. Sorry. But it is like going to a therapist. I just need to get all this out there and maybe I will find my answer.

But any thoughts you all have wouldn't hurt.

Thanks.