The other week I did a stealth hang on Green Island, Candlewood lake (Western CT) and was forcasted to have heavy rain/wind. I have a OES Standard tarp and was worried about my UQ getting wet. I went w/the suggestion of using a poncho as an under cover to protect the UQ. Well it poured most of the night and I awoke to find some interesting things. First of all the tarp work better than expected for its size. Second I had more wetness between the poncho and UQ than I did on the out side of the poncho from blown rain. I hung it rather loose to let the UQ breath but that was not enough. I'm using the stock WBBB web/buckle suspension. I was planning on the cinch buckles to act as "drip rings" but no such luck. The rain worked its way to the hammock and then down along the zipper. I had hung the tarp over a full length ridge line for extra support due to the wind which did help but I did get some drips on to my netting from water wicking down the tarps ridge line. So all in all some good lessons were learned about my set up and I had fun doing it too!