Hey all. After a couple weeks of working a lot, I'm back at making some more gear. I'm tackling an UQ, TQ, and a tarp. One thing I was having trouble with was marking my fabric on my floor. I like to see it layed out, but marking it on my berber carpet was less than effective. Once I put the fabric on a hard surface, marking it was a breeze. Things moved so much faster, even though I couldn't see the entire piece of fabric at once. Now, I just make a sketch on a piece of paper exactly the way it will be on the fabric. Then move on to the fabric, which is layed out on an old hollow-core door in my living room (My house is small).

So, my suggestion is using a hard surface to mark on, instead of a carpeted floor. If you have a hardwood floor, be careful of the grooves between the boards. Tempered hardboard (masonite) from Home Depot or lowes would also work great. it comes in a 4x8 sheet and is smooooooth on one side.

Okay, back to gearing, but wanted to share my newest revelation to anyone who may want it. By the way, others may have better suggestions or even say I'm completely crazy