A few weeks ago a fellow scout leader and I bought quilt kits from Paul at AHE. The materials and the customer service were excellent!

I followed these DIY KAQ plans: http://www.hammockforums.net/index.php?page=kaq I only made one modification to the plans which was to move the darts/tie out points by one inch to match the side tie-outs on my HH Explorer.

The quilt is made with two layers of 6.0 Climashield because I camp every month of the year with the scouts and it gets kinda cold around here. It doesn't pack very small, but I don't care - I built it for warmth.

Sorry I didn't get any pictures of the assembly, but wrestling two layers of insulation got a bit tricky at times, and it definately took some coaxing through the thread injector.

The maiden voyage was last weekend. I used my 0*F synth bag (not as a TQ - I used it as a bag and zipped it up) and wore fleece pants and a fleece top, underarmour shirt under the fleece, wool socks and a knit hat/ski mask to bed. I initially tested the UQ during the afternoon when I took a one hour nap - temp was 18*F and almost no breeze. I was very toasty.

During the overnight the low dropped to -2*F. Fortuneatly I had a lodge to bail out to, which I did when I felt I was getting too chilled with the gear I had. Realistically, I think this setup can get me to around 5*F or 10*F which I'm happy with. I expect I could go lower if I wore more clothes or had a different bag - or if I added a pad to the setup.

I'd like to thank Paul at AHE for an excellent kit, and for this forum for all the knowledge that has been shared. No way would I have been able to pull this off without all the assistance!

Sorry about the picture quality, but I only had my phone available...