I’ve been a lurker on here for a while. I’ve had no real reason to post anything because most of my “newbie” questions have been answered by searching around a bit.

I don’t do any backpacking yet. I’m very interested in it however, and I assume I will jump on the bandwagon in the next year or so to try my hand at it. Most of my camping is done while on small 10-17 day Jeep expeditions, while canoeing, or kayaking.

Over the past few years, I have been downsizing all of my gear to more lightweight, backpacking style gear. This not only helps with the portage weights, but saves valuable room in my jeep. Recovery equipment and trail tools take up a TON of space when two people (and one has full sized pillows, a huge cotton sleeping bag, and what seems like 7 weeks worth of clothes) pack up in a tiny TJ.

I decided to try a hammock because I could get a better nights sleep. After checking this forum out, I got hooked. I look back on some of the places I’ve been, and I can imagine all of the cool places to hang a hammock that my little Springbar wouldn’t even touch.

See you in the mountains!