So I mentioned in this thread how I do my guylines for my tarp and someone asked for pics and (hopefully) a better explanation, so here goes. By the way, I copied this idea from Dylan when I saw his setup at the NJ Winter Hang, thanks Dylan!

Start with an 8' piece of line of your choice, in this example, I'm using mason's line.

Create a 6" loop using a locked brummel with a 6" bury. Create a 2" loop with a 2" bury on the other end. Lock the 2" bury with a piece of thread (in this example I didn't get a chance to do that).

Take the 6" loop end and begin a prussik knot around a hollow item like an empty Bic pen or a toggle like I have here. The toggle is only about 3" long so a pen might work easier due to the line wanting to slip off easily.

Feed the end with the 2" loop through the grommet on your tarp.

Next, feed the end with the 2" loop through the toggle.

Slide the toggle from the prussik knot around it and remove the toggle from the line.

Once the toggle is removed, you should have something that looks like this:

Tighten the prussik.

Insert 2" loop through hole drilled in stake using a larkshead. I use old aluminum gutter spikes that I've sanded down and dulled the point although any stake works in this setup.

This next picture doesn't show this well, but here's the stake being used as a toggle in a marlin spike hitch. I use this for the gross tensioning and then drive the stake in. I use the prussik for fine tuning.

Here is what it looks like when it's all done.

As a relative newb, I hope these directions come across as easy to understand. I appreciate any feedback anyone has to offer.

When I originally saw this setup it was on a Spinn tarp and they don't stretch. I've got a Kelty 12 and there is a little bit of stretch so the prussik comes in handy. I am considering tarp tensioners of some sort on this setup in the future.