Went for a day hike/gear test at Green Ridge State Forest. We've had a lot of rain lately, and I thought the Northern trail wouldn't be so bad. I knew the Southern area would have me walking through lots of cold water. Well, the Northern area wasn't much better. But I still had a great time. I went from the visitors center to the PA border/Mason Dixon Line and back. It's about a 12 mile loop.

The day started off in the mid-40's and slightly overcast. I was hoping for some sunshine to take good pictures and video with. As the day progressed I saw the sun more and more. Then temps rose into the 60's too, which was nice after crossing the creeks many times.

I had lunch at a back country shelter. Tried out my new Brasslite Turbo I-D alcohol stove. Worked awesome. I had a hot cup of tea with 1/2 oz of fuel. Nice quiet spot too.

I noted a spot on my way out that would be great to set up my new WB Traveler hammock and new Zpacks cuben tarp. Amazing how light and simple to set up this was. I took a short nap, then headed back to the car. It was a great day in the woods for sure!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=348ufbf133M