on our last camping trip, my wife expressed interest that she'd like to try a hammock out for a night to see if it's something she'd like - seeing that I like it as much as I do.

We're planning a bikepacking trip where space is of particular concern - it looks like we will need to fit an overnight's worth of gear into daypacks - and we're on too much of a budget ATM to buy a bunch of racks and packs for our mountain bikes to handle more gear, so I decided that now was a pretty good opportunity to get her to try out a hammock.

I ordered a Byer Moskito for her to try out. It's not so expensive that if she hates it, we'd be out a bunch of money, and if not, it's something I'd be willing to string up in the backyard for daily R&R. She'll be using straps & whoopies since I have extra ones just lying around from when I made them for my hammock. For now, we plan to do the side-by-side method so we can both fit under one tarp. Later when budget is less of a concern, I would like to get nicer, lighter tarps for each hammock, but this technique should work for now.

I think we'll be good. It will probably be very warm when we go on this trip in a month, so we won't need to worry about sleeping insulation so much. Our bulk should be under control for this trip - should be good times to cover 40mi in a day on fun mountain bike trails.