ISTM there are only four serious bed designs here.

Everybody can get their mind around the gathered-end rectangle, what most hammocks are, however elaborated on.

Then, there's the rectangle with a spreader bar. We all grew up with them, at one time or another, But, I can't find analysis of this back-yard and indoor design, except to find it recommended.

Third, Grizzly Adams has current (or recent) articles and many videos covering the JRB bridge with full scholarly attribution to the people working on that theme.

And then, there's the Warbonnet Blackbird. Despite the fact it seems an overwhelming favorite now, it currently isn't easy -- I haven't found it possible -- to go back in archives with search terms and find the development and evolution of this other, major departure, from the basic rectangular bed.

The last thing I'm after is a shrine to the WBBB. Rather, I want easy access to the empirics and the design so it ISN'T such a shrine, so it is easier to find out what Brandon (and others) discovered.

Maybe the moderators or a couple of seniors would do a bit of bibliographic work, pointing to some of the important threads on this asymmetric design?