me and my cousin started off may 8th on the PA NJ border, and yes my mother drove me even tho it was mothers day. the hike through new jersey was great beautiful cool weather and cool temps. the views in jersey were great high point and sunrise mt. couldnt of been better. then we crossed over into new york and everything changed we had a weeks worth of rain, heavy rain at times and even worse that misty rain which you can hide from the wind just carries it under your tarp. but anywho we managed to leave some of the rain behind us a got into warmer temps. CT and MA were excellent some good ups and down and we met some great people around that just wanted to help hikers out anyway they could. The Mt Riga shelter in CT was one of my favorites, the view was spectacular and ive seen a beautiful sunrise in the early morning that warmed up the shelter, and yes i hung my hammock in the shelter. We also stayed at the Upper Goose pond cabin which was beautiful clear water and the caretakers let you take out the canoe. They also make you pancakes in the morning all free of charge but they except donations. Hiking to the vermont we had more rain and ankle deep mud, no bog bridges through them parts. but all in all i loved the trip and cant wait to finish up the rest of the northern half.